Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Abu Dhabi
Country: United Arab Emirates
Scope of Work
15x Maintenance Procedure Writers
1. The Maintenance Department requires a the services of a team of consultants to support its efforts to complete the initial procedure writing tasks, several procedure maintenance tasks and procedure review tasks.
2. Due to a shift in business needs, the workload for the completion of the procedure project has increased substantially and requires the services of a team of fifteen (15) consultants. These consultants will be dedicated to a maintenance procedure writing within the Maintenance Department, where the consultants assist Maintenance technical specialists with the day-to-day maintenance procedure writing service, as required by Nawah. The service will include but is not limited to:
· Creation of initial maintenance procedures and work instructions using vendor manuals, industry procedures or procedures supplied by other experts as required by the functions in line with internationally accepted standards.
· Assess the gaps identified by the Maintenance Basis and develop the required working procedures.
· Processing of Procedure Change Requests (PCRs) generated by the functions. These Procedure Change Requests are generated on a daily basis by the functions and work is allocated by the procedure controller/supervisor on a daily basis.
· Reformatting of existing maintenance procedures in accordance with Nawah Administrative Writers Guide and Technical Writers Guide requirements. These time-lines are determined by Management and the Function in line with critical milestones for the first unit fuel load and Substantial Completion Date.
· Perform technical administrative activities as assigned by Site Maintenance Managers.
· The contracted Maintenance procedure writers are fully integrated into the Nawah Procedures and Records Management function and systems and makes a large contribution in decreasing the procedure workload of the Function.
· Possible secondment to other departments as required, in line with skills and procedure writing requirements.
5. Minimum qualification and experience requirements for Maintenance Procedure Writer:
· An engineering diploma (electrical, mechanical, I&C) OR equivalent experience & training at a nuclear power plant
· Have at least 10 years work experience in a mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation & Control or Welding discipline maintenance or engineering environment
· At least 10 years’ experience with advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
· Full English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.
· At least 10 years of in-plant experience with maintenance activities, fault finding, technical problem resolution.
· Maintenance procedure writers must be able to understand vendor manuals from a technical perspective to apply that knowledge to procedure content and to validate or recommend technical information be added to procedures to ensure clear, concise and accurate content.
· The Maintenance procedure writers must understand the concept of procedure use and adherence and its application to procedures.
· The Maintenance procedure writers must meet the intent and requirements of Nawah procedure, DCM-PRC-0021, Station Qualified Reviewer. To meet Station Qualified Reviewer intent the procedure writers must read and understand the following Nawah Documents: DCM-PRC-0003, Procedure Changes and Generation; DCM-PRC-0016, Technical Procedure Writer's Guide, DCM-PRC-0018, Administrative Procedure Writer's Guide; and LRA-PRC-0010, Safety Screening and Evaluation.
· Ability to obtaining the required BNPP site access to perform work at Barakah site. Work will be performed at BNPP site. Work hours will be 38 hours per week, working similar hours to Maintenance staff. Nawah reserves the option to requesting the procedure reviewers to work extended hours if required by the project.
· Proficient in English and Excellent MS Office Skills
· Able to operate in a multicultural, multinational work environment for at least 4 years
· The Scope of Work will be performed by contractors under the direction and supervision oh Nawah
157 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.