Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
E2 offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. NO PER DIEM OR RELOCATION OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
JOB DESCRIPTION FUNDAMENTALS:
Provide Level III HVAC TAB/MECH Startup Test Engineer support for SRNS Project/Facility Support. Must be capable of Qualifying as a Level III HVAC Test Adjust Balance (TAB)/MECH Startup Test Engineer for organizational startup program implementation, including and not limited to: TAB services, HVAC Mechanical startup, task analysis, schedules, structures/systems/component turnover process, tracking databases, test matrix, test procedure development/review/comment/approval, comment resolution, test results review, test document technical review and presentation, test document summary reports, field test director, field test support, field test activities, perform system and facility air balance, traverse, perform hood face velocity profiles and integrity tests, fan performance curves, safety briefings, safety observations, safety presentations, engineering document reviews, vendor document reviews, and field walk downs. Familiarity with Functional Acceptance Criteria (FAC) Documents; Functional Design Descriptions (FDD); System Design Descriptions (SDD); Engineering Specifications; P&IDs; Single Line Drawings; Electrical Equipment Lists; Control System Logic and Design Loop Diagrams; Electrical Equipment Specifications; Circuit/Raceway/Wiring/Connection Design; Grounding; Instrument Indices; Set point Index; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS/PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Documents.
Candidate shall be able to perform, coordinate and direct startup test activities for, and not limited to: pumps; motors; cooling towers; fans; air-handlers; air distribution systems; HEPA filtration; chillers; dampers; controls; air balance, damper adjustments, controllers, face velocities, traverse, system deficiency resolution; specialty glovebox equipment for gas movement/processing.
Candidate must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately through: reports, emails, and oral presentations.
Candidate must be capable of coordinating with personnel such as construction trades, engineering, operations and project/task management.
Candidate must possess aptitude and attitude necessary to direct system startup test procedure actions with startup field test engineers and support staff team members.
U.S. Citizenship is required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and CANDIDATE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
• U.S. Citizen
• BS Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering Degree (equivalent to five (5) years of non-nuclear startup experience) and have at least ten (10) years of Startup Testing field experience,
• No Degree and Fifteen (15) years of Startup Testing field experience.
• At least six (6) years nuclear (DOE/DOD/NRC) Startup testing field experience, and a minimum of five (5) years of nuclear or non-nuclear HVAC/Mechanical system startup testing field experience, and a minimum four (4) years of nuclear HVAC TAB startup testing field experience. Total fifteen (15) years of startup testing field experience.
• Demonstrate proficiency to qualify as a Level III HVAC TAB/MECH Startup Test Engineer (typically through a qualifying program and qualification designation),
• Demonstrate knowledge of commission and startup test activities relative to HVAC TAB and HVAC MECH including validation and verification of component, subsystem, system and integrated system performance startup testing. (typically through noting performed test procedures),
• Demonstrate proficiency with Computers and Software: Microsoft Word (required); Excel (required); File Maker Pro (optional); Intergraph Smart Plant Foundation (required); Asset Suite (required) and Primavera (optional).
• A Security Clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining a DOE “Q” Security Clearance.
Area Security Access:
A Security Clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining a DOE “Q” Security Clearance.
PREFERRED METHOD OF APPLICATION IS THROUGH OUR ONLINE JOB SYSTEM. If you need accommodation or alternate method of resume submittal, please contact our Aiken, SC office.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an AA/EEO/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
159 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.