Electrical test Technician (25593)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on November 16, 2017 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 16319
BHI is currently recruiting for an Electrical Test Technician for a part time contract opportunity in Cranberry, PA.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The primary responsibility of the technician is to safely test various low and medium voltage electrical devices. The successful candidate would construct simple test circuits, based on written and verbal direction, to verify functionality and accuracy of devices such as relays, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, meters, and various other components. The use of tools and a working knowledge of electrical test equipment, power sources, passive components and safe work practices are required.
Proficiency in the connection and use of the following is desired:
- Multimeters and Benchtop Meters (Fluke/Agilent/Dranetz)
- Digital Oscilloscopes and Probes (Agilent & Tektronix)
- AC/DC Variable Power Sources (Variac, Megger, Sorensen)
- High Current Test Sets (such as Megger DDA Series)
- Dielectric and Insulation Resistance Testers (AEMC & Fluke)
- Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeters (AEMC & Megger)
- Torque Wrenches
Preferred skills are:
- The ability to read drawings and schematic diagrams and build the corresponding circuits
- Utilization of time/current curves for circuit breaker/motor starter testing
- A complete understanding of ohm's law (For example, to determine the resistance needed to produce a desired current)
- Wire termination and routing
- Use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Use of basic hand tools and small power tools
- Safety in the use of voltages up to 600VAC
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E and lockout/tagout procedures
- Forklift operation
College, technical school or military training, as well as experience in electrical testing and troubleshooting, is preferred. The ability to work safely and to follow direction is absolutely required
460 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.