I&C SUPERVISOR (25605)
Posted by: BHI Energy on November 12, 2017 at 00:04:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 49106
The scope of work generally consists of providing I&C services in accordance with work packages, drawings, specifications, procedures and instructions provided by the Owner.
The work shall include removal, installation, testing, commissioning, operations support and maintenance of plant structures/systems/components (SSCs), completion of work package documentation, and other associated activities as directed by the Owner.
All work shall be performed in accordance with the documents provided by the Owner (e.g., work packages, drawings, plans, procedures, etc.).
Shall be able to demonstrate and provide documented proof of previous training and provide the objective level of content of that training in order to grant qualification in the following areas:
- Knowledge and demonstrated capabilities in the theory, installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of general instrumentation and controls, including:
- Pressure, flow, and temperature instrumentation, including gauges, transmitter, and switches
- Ultrasonic and radar flow and level transmitters and sensors
- Wire terminations, including splicing, lugging, and Raychem, in accordance with design standards
- Instrumentation tube installation, including bending, cutting, and Swagelok fittings
- Fiber optic troubleshooting, terminations, and splicing
- Current, voltage, and watt meters
- Digital recorders and devices
- Programmable logic controllers
- Digital systems
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of:
- Electrical elementary drawings
- Wiring diagrams
- Process and instrumentation diagrams
- Flow diagrams
- General layout drawings
- Experience in functional testing of the following to verify safe and proper operation of systems and equipment prior to and after initial equipment/system operation:
- Control circuits
- Switchgear/motor control center breakers and controls
- General knowledge areas:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) certification
- Human performance fundamentals
- Safety as it applies to a general plant worker
- Safety as it applies to instrumentation and electrical work
- Clearance permit system; lock-out/tag-out principles
- Attaining Owner Clearance Permit Work Order Holder Qualification
- Directing assigned I&C Technicians and all work activities associated with assigned I&C Technicians
- Ensuring that all work performed by assigned I&C technicians is completed safely, thoroughly and without error
- Ensuring that all work performed by assigned I&C technicians is completed according to the work package instructions
- Ensuring that work packages are sufficiently completed and closed out
- Ensuring that all work performed by assigned I&C technicians is completed according to Owner policies and procedures
- Attaining Owner Maintenance Supplemental Supervisor Qualification
- Attaining Owner Clearance Permit Acceptor Qualification
- Overall day-to-day promulgation, administration, implementation, and enforcement of the I&C program on behalf of the Contractor
- Ensuring that all Contractor personnel execute the work safely, thoroughly, and without error, in accordance with the work packages, drawings, specifications, procedures and standards
- Ensuring that all Contractor personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform the work assigned
- Acting as the primary communication link between the Contractor, the Owner, other contractors, etc. on all matters related to the work being performed
- Ensuring work packages are thoroughly reviewed and walked down to ensure all preparations are in place prior to beginning the work outlined in the work package
- Reviewing work packages for completeness and accuracy prior to close out
Examples of documented proof of previous training are:
- Records/transcripts from an accredited nuclear power training program (i.e., other nuclear power plants)
- Industrial training documentation
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Standardized Task Evaluation (STE)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Certification in Industrial Instrumentation
- ISA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Program
- NCCER Level 1, 2, or 3 Certification
- AMES training/qualification records
- Crane Nuclear training records/certifications
- National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (NJATC) training records
- Other applicable technical certifications
111 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.