Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77483
OPERATIONS QUALITY SPECIALIST with SRO Experience for Direct Hire in South Texas
Directs, plans, performs, reports, and follows-up independent oversight; inspection; and/or testing activities. Documents and discusses oversight results in the appropriate format and verifies adequacy of corrective actions. Perform duties as Audit Team Leader.
• High School/GED or equivalent (Required)
• Other : Related technical training or degree (Preferred)
• 10 Years + experience in Operations at a Pressurized Water Reactor. (Required)
• 2 Years + experience as a Shift Manager. (Preferred)
• Current or previous SRO License. (Required)
• Quality Lead Auditor (Preferred)
Selects areas for quality oversight, develops quality oversight plans/checklists, and evaluates oversight activity results.
• Prepares quality oversight activity related correspondence.
• Participates in pre-oversight and post-oversight conferences.
• Interviews personnel during quality oversight activities.
• Observes activities review documentation and evaluates and documents activity results.
• Initiates deficiency documentation and evaluates responses to deficiency documents and recommendations.
• Verifies adequacy of corrective actions and prepares oversight activity reports.
• Accept ERO position as needed.
• Accept outage position as needed.
• Supports site programs (e.g., Industrial Safety, Housekeeping, etc.) as assigned or appropriate
• Participates in industry conferences/forums as appropriate
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
• Ability to understand and apply detailed technical concepts, standards, procedures, and methodologies.
• Ability to be objective, make decisions, take constructive criticism, listen, and ask questions. Ability to be effective in working as a team player with the other Quality personnel in meeting the standards and goals of the Quality Department.
• Self-motivated, requiring little or no supervision. Successful record for management of significant assignments. Understands and manages laboratory equipment maintenance and budgets. Demonstrated leader, teacher, and mentor.
• Ability to perform equivalent level line function.
• Qualify as Audit Team Leader.
• Overtime and alternate work schedules as needed.
• Subject to callouts twenty-four hours per day seven days per week.
• Normal Office environment.
• 4-10 normal work week.
• Occasionally - From 11% to 33% of the shift spent in this activity: (Lifting 5 - 20 lbs., Carrying > 5 lbs.)
• Frequently - From 34% to 66% of the shift spent in this activity: (Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting 1- 5 lbs., Carrying 1- 5 lbs.) MENTAL CAPACITY
• Continuously - From 67% to 100% of the shift spent in this activity: (Basic Math)
• Continuously - From 67% to 100% of the shift spent in this activity: (Indoors, Desk work, Working under pressure)
• Ability to Distinguish Color
• Ability to See
• Ability to Hear/Listen
• Ability to Speak
• Ability to Touch
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities - BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
165 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.