Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 45661
Arc Flash Electrical Engineer
An electrical engineer experience in the planning, oversight and hands-on execution of arch flash evaluations for site distribution systems and equipment to support operations, maintenance, construction, and design development. Must be familiar with arch flash calculational methodologies for NFPA 70E and particularly with SKM Power Tools for Windows.
• Provide analysis and assistance for electrical engineering matters ranging from three-phase medium voltage distribution systems (13.8 kV) to three-and-single-phase application voltages (480/220/208/120 VAC) with concentration and focus on NEC, and NFPA DOE arch flash analyses and functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned.
• Assists Maintenance and Operations forces in the field to troubleshoot electrical problems to develop repairs and modifications for existing electrical systems, and to confirm as-built conditions as part of arch flash evaluations and drawing updates.
• Plans, oversees and executes arc flash evaluations for site distribution systems and equipment to support operations, maintenance, construction and design development. Must be familiar with arch flash calculational methodologies for NFPA 70E and particularly with SKM Power Tools for Window.
• Prepares preliminary and final evaluations, specifications and design reports.
• Evaluates operations & proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and environmental regulations.
• Provides technical guidance for troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of electrical equipment including medium voltage overhead transmission lines, breakers, MCCs, switches, transformers and substations.
• Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies.
• Works with Engineering team to provide technical guidance to field project personnel.
• Assumes the lead role on Engineering project designs as assigned.
• Maintains familiarity with current technical developments in pertinent scientific areas.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced.
• Provides technical or functional support to team members.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or in an engineering field accompanied by electrically related field experience and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience are required.
• Typical experience ranges form 10-20 years.
• Demonstrated experience with NEC, NFPA 70E, and arch flash are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Experience at, and familiarity with, PORTS site desirable, but not required.
• Ability to obtain DOE clearance is required.
• Active DOE clearance desirable.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
To apply, please visit our career page at https://valueaddedsolutions.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrdepartment/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or email your resume to Rikki Quick at email@example.com
188 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.