Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Responsible to perform rigging engineer duties in support of SRR Construction, Operations and Maintenance initiatives. Candidate will interface with applicable organizations (i.e. Engineering, Supervision, Operations, Design) to perform assigned tasks requiring a full working knowledge of all rigging practices.
Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obey safety rules and make safety an
integral part of each task performed.
Understand and interpret the Department of Energy (DOE) Hoisting and Rigging Standard.
Understand and interpret the Savannah River Site (SRS) Hoisting and Rigging Manual.
Understand and implement the Liquid Waste procedure for crane use.
Act as the designee for the Liquid Waste Rigging Authority.
Serve, as requested, on the SRS Hoisting and Rigging Committee.
Review and approve critical and ordinary lift plans to ensure procedural compliance.
Provide technical direction to craftsmen who are executing the lift plans.
Provide training to craftsmen on lift plan implementation and procedural compliance.
Provide direction and training to less experienced engineers.
Ability to read and interpret a variety of crane load charts and apply load deductions to lift plans.
Perform assessments of rigging program attributes to ensure procedural compliance.
Design below-the-hook lifting devices in accordance with ASME BTH-1
Provide interface with applicable organizations for safety and/or security concerns affecting hoisting
and rigging activities
Education / Experience
- High School diploma with a minimum 15+ years practical rigging engineer experience
- Associates degree with 15+ years practical rigging engineer experience
- Bachelors degree with 15+ years practical rigging engineer experience
Preferred Education / Experience
- BS in Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
Additional Position Requirements:
- A 40-hour workweek is scheduled. SRR construction utilizes a 10 hour per day - four days per week schedule.
- A standard work week is Monday through Thursday 6:15am - 4:45pm. However, alternate schedules could be employed.
- Workweek excludes SRR holidays.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must have valid registration
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must be insured with proof of insurance within the
Please submit your resume for review, or contact our office for more details!
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.
13 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.