Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
***Looking for 2 Assistant Superintendents - 1 for Oak Ridge Reservation Landfills (ORRL) and 1 for Environmental Management Waste Management Facility (EMWMF) at UCOR in Oak Ridge, TN***
This position requires routine access to the administrative areas with the Property Area of the EMWMF which surrounds the CERCLA disposal facility. Workers are to be aware of the hazards associated with the disposal facility.
The Waste Operations Superintendent will perform varied assignments requiring a diverse working knowledge of earthwork, mechanical-type work activities, preventative and corrective maintenance practices, and the exercise of professional judgment within the framework of established guidelines. The scope will include overseeing waste placement, water management, and facility and equipment maintenance at the Environmental Management Waste Management Facility (EMWMF) and the Oak Ridge Reservation Landfills (ORRL) Many of the principal responsibilities listed below MI be shared with other superintendents
• Make job assignments and directly supervise craft personnel.
• Coordinate craft and equipment resources. including for overtime and extended work shifts
• Back-up the other Superintendents at EMWMF and ORRL.
• Prepare, review, comment, and/or revise documents related to operations potentially including plans, procedures, work packages JHAs, white papers, and procurement documents.
• Serve as an Issuing Authority for Lockout/Tagout, Hot Work, and Confined Space
• Oversee the day-to-day receipt and placement of waste, including compaction, appl cation of fixative, and the receipt, staging and use of clean fill.
• Ensure that the cell design features (e g. berms, liner system, and leachate collection system) are not modified without first going through the engineering design control process. Likewise, ensure that the cell design features are protected from waste disposal and related activities.
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the site water management systems for leachate, contact water, and clean storm water
• Review data collected from daily walk-downs of the water management systems and enter data into EMWMF project metric and reporting database. Notify the Operations Manager when Leak Detection System rates exceed established action values
• Serve as the primary point-of-contact to respond to water level alarms, including off-shift response to alarms from the auto-dialer.
• Execute inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance, and repairs on facility infrastructure, equipment and systems
Roles and Responsibilities:
Coordinate inspections, preventative and corrective maintenance, and repairs of facility equipment, including heavy equipment, and repairs of buildings and facilities. Oversee overall operations of the ILF-V leachate collection system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Team for EMWMF. Serve as an Issuing Authority for Hotwork and Lockout/Tagout permits.
Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
Please submit your resume for review, or contact our office for more details!
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.
80 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.