Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99352
Need electrical engineering support to assist in preparation of work planning, design, project and related documents as well as resolution of issues. Engineer will support ongoing facility maintenance and operational activities working to increase facility availability and efficiency as well as minimizing downtime.
The Subcontractor shall provide a qualified staff augmentation electrical engineer for tasks including but not limited to the following: Perform review and analysis of Electrical/ I&C systems and components in accordance with applicable consensus code, contract requirements, and applicable standards. Implement reliability program for assigned systems. Work with maintenance organization to establish practices and frequencies for periodic maintenance. Troubleshoot equipment failures and determine corrective measures. Review and approve new designs and modifications to electrical and I&C systems and components. Provide technical review of in-house and subcontractor generated designs/design documentation packages and calculations. Mentor less experienced engineers and provide technical support to Operations. Participate in formal design reviews as the subject matter expert (SME) and provide periodic assessments of engineering products and processes. Obtain or maintain Engineering qualification for the organization.
• BS of Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
• At least 15 years’ combined electrical engineering experience, in construction, facility asset management/maintenance, operations support/oversight, or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of NFPA/IEEE Standards is also required.
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or current Professional Engineering registration.
• Prior Hanford experience, including experience as an Electrical Engineering Design Authority at Hanford.
• Additional experience desired also includes preparation or review/approval of Engineering Document Changes (EDC’s) and Facility Modification Packages (FMP’s), as well as support to work planners and maintenance craft, including work package reviews, walkdowns, participation in Enhanced Work Planning sessions and Job Hazards Analyses (JHA’s).
• Experience in performing electrical hazard evaluations and preparation of Arc Flash forms for Electrical work are both desirable.
NO PD or Relocation is provided.
106 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.