Director of Operations - Steam Turbines (317944)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on April 13, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29673
BHI Energy is currently recruiting for a Director, Steam Turbines.
The Director of Operations - Steam Turbines is a strategic role in the overall leadership and management of the BHI's Power Services Division. This individual will lead an effort to rejuvenate and reinvent BHI's Steam Turbine maintenance business model. The ideal candidate will have strong technical experience, a thorough knowledge of the Marketplace (key relationships within) and demonstrated experience planning and managing Turbine outages on different OEM platforms.
He/she must have a demonstrated track record of support in the execution of turbine maintenance, overhaul and repair work including Major/Minor overhaul, steam path repair, in-situ valve repair, unit alignment, and related inspection.
BHI is looking for a leader who can provide market direction in addition to technical execution guidance. The successful individual will be our lead for proposal development and will provide overall technical support. He/she will be the architect of our developing business strategy including the evolution of BHI capability and will own key teaming relationships.
The successful candidate must bring industry contacts and a track record of success selling similar services into the Power industry. North American travel is expected to be required 50% of the time and this candidate would be ideally based in Piedmont, SC, or the greater Charlotte area. However, based on varying location of client base, home office location is negotiable.
- Ability to envision and formulate strategy while leading execution
- Ability to make sound business and financial judgments regarding investments, returns, and overall financial impacts
- Managing multiple concurrent opportunities efficiently
- Leading the proposal process
- Ability to close large, complex projects
- Balancing opportunity development and project execution responsibilities
- Supervisory responsibility for current Operations Management
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Technical study
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in management/leadership level positions required
- Experience working the Steam Turbine space - strong relationships with turbine services decision-makers, plant operators and maintenance managers
- Strong, quantifiable, historical track record in execution of Turbine maintenance, overhaul and repair
- Self-starter with strong proactive managerial and operational credentials
- Defines objectives in each area of operations developing short-and long-term plans with supporting budgets including capital expenditures and financial estimates
- Customer service mentality, both internally and externally
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and key activities to achieve aggressive goals
- Optimizes the value of collaboration cross-Company sharing ideas and best practices
- Strong team member and relationship builder with an inclusive communication style
- Experience delivering superior safety performance culture, including experience in employing, developing, training and empowering a team that performs to the highest standards and maintains safety as an uncompromising value
- Strong analytical, organizational and reasoning skills/abilities
- Excellent presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to clearly communicate
- Ability to travel as required
836 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.