Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
This position will be within the Westinghouse Steam Generator Operations group and will be focused 70% on Engineering activities and 20% on supporting non-destructive examinations activities, 10% of the time will be working directly under the supervision of a Level III NDE lead.
• Managing and/or participating in steam generator services software testing and development projects from start to finish, ensuring quality, costs, and schedules are maintained and communicating with management, vendors and the customer.
• Utilize software and engineering knowledge to design, install, startup, test, and/or maintain software and systems used in steam generator services non-destructive examinations.
• Prepare and review technical documents including writing procedures, specifications, purchase requisitions, proposal inputs, cost estimates and various other documents
• This position will work towards progression into an NDE Level III position, starting as a qualified Level II and working the way towards Level III qualification.
• This position will begin as a Level II and work toward a Level III/QDA qualification. In this position, a candidate would expect to perform, but not be limited to, the following NDE related activities:
o Maintain NDE Level II qualification and actively pursue NDE Level III/QDA qualification
o Prepare written instructions and organize non-destructive testing investigations such as procedures, examination program plans, and reports.
o Set up, calibrate, and operate various NDE inspection systems.
o Interpret and evaluate test results with respect to applicable codes, standards and specifications.
o Maintain a basic understanding of applicable ASME Codes and how they apply to non-destructive testing in the nuclear industry
o Be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method and exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of trainees and Level I individuals.
• Participate on field implementation teams.
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access at a nuclear power plant.
• Most possess, or be eligible to obtain a valid US Passport
• Travel required up to 30%
• Meets one of the following education requirements;
o Graduate of a four year accredited Engineering or Science College or University with a degree in engineering or science
o Completion with a passing grade of at least two years of engineering or science study at a university, college, or technical school, plus 2 year minimum experience in an assignment comparable to that of an NDE Level II in the applicable method. comparable to that of an NDE Level II in the applicable method;
o High school graduate, or equivalent, plus 5 years experience in an assignment comparable to that of an NDE Level II in the applicable method.
78 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.