Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Please note: No PD/Travel authorized for this position. Local (Seattle, WA) candidates preferred.
HukariAscendent is seeking a Project Manager to develop and support an integrated project schedule that includes both internal and subcontracted activities. This role will work closely with technical management, major subcontractors and supplier development to provide necessary project management in key functional areas such as reactor design, fuel design and fabrication, licensing, equipment qualification programs, etc. The Project Manager will work directly with Project Controls to ensure key project performance metrics are maintained and acted upon.
• Formulate and implement project plans, including reporting and projecting costs and schedules to achieve safety, quality and delivery objectives.
• Manage and facilitate communications with and between multi-disciplinary team members to promote project-wide teamwork using effective communication tools including project process metrics and process maps.
• Assume responsibility for TerraPower’s performance to contract commitments and acceptance criteria.
• Interpret and transmit technical requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups.
• Prepare the progress measurement system such as manpower histograms, progress S curves, etc… on a monthly basis which will indicate the progress that the project makes at a given point of time and are reviewed at periodic intervals.
• Develop and maintain project summary level schedules.
• Coordinate and execute regular schedule status updates to ensure project work is delivered on schedule and within budget.
• Integrate project’s objectives and actions through participation with other project groups in matters of common concern.
• Prepare project cost expenditure forecasts and progress evaluations/projections to support project financial reporting requirements.
• Review project expenditures for compliance with project documents and scope as well as for adherence to established project cost baseline.
• Report project’s financial status and any technical issues to management.
• Develop and maintain project databases, systems and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project correspondence and documentation between project team members.
• Interpret and transmit contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups.
• Coordinate all work activities and motivate team members to increase performance.
• Carry out schedule risk analysis as and when required and advise action plan to mitigate the delays, if any.
• Participate in PMO functional development activities for continual improvement in the project control system & services.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field.
• PMP Certification
• AACE Certification
• A minimum of five years of professional experience in project management is required. DOE experience preferred.
• Strong background in project management and project controls, with advanced skills using standard PM software solutions, including Primavera P6, MS Project, or Jira, and cost processing tools such as Cobra or Ecosys. Broad and comprehensive technical knowledge of nuclear engineering and general engineering practices.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Duration: 6 month contract, possible temp to perm.
264 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.