Turbine Machinist (318000) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Turbine Machinist (318000)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on January 16, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Zip or Postal Code: N/A
BHI is currently recruiting for Turbine Machnists for Spring outage positions. (Fossil Fuel)
Machinist position performs machining operations on a customer site in order to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications on turbine & generator equipment in a field service environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical Technology - Minimum 2 years technical/trade school or apprentice program in machining or manufacturing or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of direct machinist experience is required on large commercial, power generation or turbo machinery equipment.
- Ability to use all types of precision measuring tools.
- Skilled at set-up & operation of portable lathes, milling, boring, grinding, and drilling machines.
- Ability and willingness to work a high percentage of overtime (including 12 hour shifts)
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts arrangements
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 pounds required.
- Qualified candidates must also be able to pass extended background check to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access (to include drug screen and extensive background investigation).
- Flexibility and willingness for short notice, must live within 60 minute drive of a major airport.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Eligible candidate will be given a written machining proficiency test prior to performing any machine work.
Individuals with some of the required skills but possessing less than the minimum education and experience requirements identified may be considered. Additional training will be provided by Turbine Services to enhance applicant abilities prior to any field assignment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Basic PC/Laptop skills for using our timekeeping and expense systems, as well as email usage.
- Advanced machining knowledg3e.
- Knowledge of automated systems.
242 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.