Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
*****ANTICIPATED DURATION IS 6 MONTHS. PREFERENCE GIVEN TO CONTRACTORS AGREEING TO WORK IN CORVALLIS, OREGON, BUT WILL CONSIDER REMOTE WORK WITH OCCASIONAL TRIPS TO CORVALLIS. POTENTIAL TO BE EXTENDED BEYOND 6 MONTHS BASED ON COMPANY NEED.*****
POSITION SUMMARY: Senior-level engineer in the area of probabilistic risk assessment (PRA) and/or severe accident analysis experienced in performing PRA analyses on commercial nuclear power plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop logic models and perform risk calculations using industry-standard risk assessment methods and simulation tools (e.g., SAPHIRE, MELCOR) without supervision.
2. Conduct independent analyses to support development of plant-specific probabilistic risk assessments without supervision, such as data analyses (should be familiar with probabilistic models and Bayesian techniques), system modeling using fault trees and sequence modeling using event trees.
3. Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical disciplines, customers, and regulators; should understand the uses and limitations CDF, LRF, and LERF as risk metrics.
4. Mentor and train junior engineers.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
• Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or physical science from a four year accredited college or university. ABET accredited engineering program preferred. Advance degree preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of 8 to 12 years progressively responsible experience in probabilistic risk assessment and/or severe accident analysis preferably on commercial nuclear power plants. A graduate degree may offset some of the experience requirements. Demonstrated writing and presentation skills.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: In-depth understanding of engineering concepts, principles, theories.
• Skills: Strong technical writing skills. Good communication, computer, presentation and interpersonal skills. Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
- Must be a US Citizen. Will be required to successfully pass Drug/Alcohol Testing and Background Investigation prior to Assignment.
SEND RESUME IN WORD FORMAT TO email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
70 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.