Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Los Alamos
State: New Mexico
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7044704143
An experienced professional with a full understanding of specialized area plus working knowledge of related fields. Adept at solving a range of complex problems. Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives. Works under limited direction; receives general instructions on new assignments. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met. Demonstrates good judgment. Determines approach to solutions, plans and schedules activities to accomplish objectives. Must be receptive to coaching, education, and constructive criticism. Must learn to provide effective feedback to others, upward and downward.
1. Contributes articles to employee publications and other media, including the Laboratory Web site variously conceiving, writing, editing, securing approvals.
2. Plans internal and external communications programs and campaigns.
3. Facilitates public meetings and provides preparation guidance for presentation.
4. Contributes ideas and work products to help achieve Labwide communications plan.
5. Develops responses to media inquiries and questions or requests from the general public.
6. Speaks and writes on behalf of the Laboratory as required.
9. Contributes to executive communications plans, products, and feedback mechanisms.
10. Conceives and executes marketing communications products as required.
11. Coordinates, as appropriate, with Government Affairs Office.
12. Coordinates, as appropriate, with NNSA, EM-LA, and other customers.
13. Helps anticipate and manage public affairs and employee issues.
14. Learns, uses, and teaches others to use CGA issue management tools.
15. Participates in emergency and crisis communications preparedness and execution.
16. Researches and applies best practices to his or her work.
17. Understands and adheres to applicable Laboratory and regulatory guidance and governance.
18. Ensures that all work processes and products meet established requirements.
19. Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Outstanding writing and editing skills
Excellent oral communications abilities
Ability to translate technical concepts and material into compelling and persuasive communications products
Sound knowledge of business practices
Sound knowledge of the news business
Sound knowledge of marketing communications practices
Relevant communications experience in corporate, government, university, or journalistic settings
Good computer skills
Working knowledge of the World Wide Web
Position typically requires a bachelors degree in communications, journalism, English, business and a minimum five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
37 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.