Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Electrical Design Engineer
• Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
• Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, construction support, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Single Line Drawings; Electrical Equipment Lists; Control System Design; Control Schematics and Connection Diagrams; Electrical Equipment Specifications; Bulk Material Specifications; Circuit/Raceway/Wiring/Connection Design; Grounding; Heat Tracing; Fire Detection; Short Circuit Calculations; Arc Flash Incident Energy Analysis; Load Flow Analysis; and Electrical System Sizing Calculations.
• Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
• Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering
• Candidate must demonstrate ten years of design experience in the nuclear or chemical process industry and possess a working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFPA, IEEE, and OSHA requirements. Experience with 2D Microstation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.
• Candidate must have experience using software (preferably ETAP) to generate electrical system calculations. Candidate must be able to walk down systems in the field.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience is preferred
• A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs.
• Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "L" security clearance is required for this position.
• Preference will be given to qualified candidate(s) who currently possess an active DOE (L or Q) clearance and to qualified candidate(s) who have previously held a DOE clearance within the past five (5) years. After award, uncleared candidates will be given the opportunity to apply for a DOE clearance.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
To apply, please visit our career page at https://valueaddedsolutions.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrdepartment/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or email your resume to Rikki Quick at firstname.lastname@example.org
214 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.