Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
Environmental Compliance and Area Completion Project Engineer
• Provide engineering support services on assigned SRS Engineering Teams.
• Engineering support services include conceptual design development, input, and final design review for environmental remediation systems, deactivation, and decommissioning projects.
• The engineering analyses, design development and generation of design output documents include, but are not limited to: analysis of structural systems for both static and dynamic loads, design of structures of various materials, foundation and anchorage design, structural analysis for impact, and other accident conditions; piping and instrumentation diagrams, pressure protection specifications and standards, equipment & material specifications; & related construction specifications.
• Engineering Services will be provided using SRS processes and procedures.
• Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRS.
• BA or BS Degree/global equivalent university degree in a Technical Field with minimum of ten (10) years Mechanical/Project Engineering experience.
• Master Degree 5 – 8 years Mechanical/Project Engineering experience
• Associate Degree 12 – 15 years Mechanical/Project Engineering experience.
• High School Diploma and a minimum of 15 years Mechanical/Project Engineering experience.
• In addition to education, the following are required skills, knowledge and/or qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years Mechanical/Project Engineering experience In Nuclear, Process Chemical, or related industry Knowledge of Construction Codes and Standards.
• Produce written documents with clearly organized structure and grammar.
• Ability to operate Windows Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Communicate orally with management, project team members and DOE Customers regarding EC&ACP project scope.
• Must be able to pass SRS Radiological Worker Training, if required.
• Must be able to walk down facilities and systems in non-climate controlled environments.
• Experience in environmental remediation is preferred.
• Familiarity with DOE Orders/Guides, EPA and SCDHEC Regulations with regards to Environmental Remediation and/or Facility Disposition.
• Familiarity with SRS procedures, engineering, operations, protocols.
• Radiological and/or nuclear facility experience
• Familiarity/experience in 2D MicroStation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
• A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B).
• Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs.
• Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
• A security clearance is not required.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
To apply, please visit our career page at https://valueaddedsolutions.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrdepartment/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or email your resume to Rikki Quick at email@example.com
159 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.