Senior Radiological Engineer (318051) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Senior Radiological Engineer (318051)
Posted by: BHI Energy <Susanne.Swensen@bhienergy.com> on January 10, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Avila Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 93424
BHI Energy is currently hiring for a Senior Radiological Engineer, multiple locations - work performed on a remote basis - hours are flexible;
- Review documents, including NRC regulations and guidance, California regulations, and industry reports, relevant to open-air demolition.
- Perform site-specific atmospheric dispersion calculations to support development administrative limits for open-air demolition activities
- Determine maximum levels of radioactivity that may remain on buildings and structures to ensure regulatory compliance with dose limits.
- Identify and evaluate methods for dust and radioactive contamination control
- Identify and evaluate of appropriate radiation monitoring methods to support open air demolition
- Support Project Manager in development of an early warning and response plan
- Work closely with Project Manager in the development of the open-air demolition criteria study report
- Understanding of regulatory dose limits, radiological surveys, and airborne monitoring criteria
- Experience developing site-specific dose models and identifying potential radiation exposure pathways
- Experience performing dose calculations, including atmospheric dispersion calculations
- Experience with industry-accepted software, such as MicroShield and the RESRAD family of codes
- Knowledge of radiation detection instruments and air monitoring methods
- Ability to analyze and interpret radiological data
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Experience using the MS Word and MS Excel programs
- Excellent written and oral communication
205 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.