Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
3 Open Positions
2 Project Manager Positions in ETTP Cleanup Enterprise Group
1 Project Manager Position in Y-12 Cleanup Enterprise Group
Rate: $48 hr. - $121 hr.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Per Diem: Yes
Clearance: L Clearance
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job posting. This job posting is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering the project from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and project close out. Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team. Has overall responsibility for Program/Project execution, ensuring that Program/Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and/or Corporate performance expectations.
1. Establishes an appropriate, integrated organizational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support. Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members/partners and the Customer to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements. The project organizational structure should address multiple execution offices, multiple project entities, and other arrangements, as appropriate
2. Ensures scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established, including: Execution Plan. Plans for addressing critical cross-functional work processes and systems, etc. Obtains concurrence by the members of the project team, functional management and the Customer. Ensures integration of work plans of multiple execution units or entities.
3. Ensures that the project planning and reporting is performed in accordance with the UCOR Earned Value Management System.
4. Facilitates with project team the development, communication, implementation, update and use of the Project Execution Plan.
5. Identifies quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments. Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis
6. Oversees the Environmental, Safety & Health program for both the office and fieldwork environments including contractor and subcontractor activities. Ensures design is in accordance with ES&H laws and regulations applicable to the projects.
7. Assists in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job training.
8. Conducts periodic project and Customer meetings to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discuss issues and facilitate problem resolution. Maintains effective communications between the project team, the Customer and off-project operations, Functional Management, and Senior Management
1. Knowledge of UCOR organization, policies, procedures and programs including Quality Assurance and Environment, Safety and Health
2. Knowledge of front-end activities including, Best Practices/Lessons Learned, Constructability, Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation, Estimate/Proposal Review Process
3. Knowledge of industry, technology, and engineering, project controls, and construction work processes, including knowledge customers, culture and business practices.
4. Knowledge and experience in EVMS and baseline development and implementation including, scope definition, roles and responsibilities, estimates and resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves and metrics, reports and action items tracking
5. Experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation
6. Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation, including, change control and documentation management, the hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
7. General knowledge of project insurance issues/options
8. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
9. Knowledge of cross-functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
10. Oral, written and graphic communication and presentation skills
1. Bachelorís degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 15+ years engineering, operations/maintenance, M&O, construction, project controls, and/or procurement experience
3. 10+ years of management experience.
4. Proven performance as a Senior Level Project Manager on previous projects.
5. Experience in various project management activities such as planning, budgeting and performance management.
6. Demonstrates and provides project leadership in area of responsibility.
7. Consistently demonstrates the ability to proactively identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
8. Clearly understands scope of work and contract requirements for area of responsibility.
9. Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering small, complex, projects or studies.
10. Experience in various project management activities such as planning, budgeting and performance measurement.
11. Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering the project from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and prime contract close-out.
12. Supports communications and presentations to customers.
13. Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
14. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer.
15. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team.
16. Has overall responsibility for Project execution, ensuring that Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and UCOR performance expectations.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
45 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.