Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Per diem isn’t available – local candidates preferred
Responsible for performing engineering, design and analysis of category I reinforced concrete structures, concrete anchorage of equipment and components. Perform engineering analyses and designs with general management and supervisory direction. Develop and check analyses, drawings, technical reports, and documentation of results. Understand and apply QA procedure relating to project planning, analyses, specifications, drawings and software. Duties include generation of design documentation, and/or resolution of non-conformances.
Specific software skills related to Civil Group:
• Bentley Microstation
• Layout of commodities and designing of supports
• Qualification of structural steel and embed plates using AISC N-690 and ACI 349 Appendix B
Other Duties may include:
• Champion the commitment to safety, security, environmental and quality priorities and values.
• Produce technically correct, constructible, engineered design drawings, reports and specifications
• Perform a variety of engineering work in the planning and design phases of the project
• Apply in-depth skill to address complex problems and nonstandard situations
• Manage time to meet objectives
• Forecast and plan response requirements
• Explain standard concepts and obtain consensus on the design approach
• Develop the project design basis
• Perform engineering calculations, drawing, specifications and other design deliverables
• Communicate clearly with peers, technical and non-technical personnel, designers and other disciplines
• Ensures effective management of change
To qualify for a Civil/Structural Engineer II:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Engineering + 2 years’ experience in interpreting engineering codes, and construction standards, techniques and criteria. Using CAD/3D software programs.
To qualify for a Civil/Structural Engineer III:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Engineering + 5 years’ experience in interpreting engineering codes, and construction standards, techniques and criteria. Using CAD/3D software programs. Experience in leading other Engineers.
Desired Qualifications (include only desired/preferred qualifications, certifications, and education beyond the minimum required):
• Team player willing to work closely with Engineering and Construction Teams
• Must have a good working knowledge of other disciplines; technical interface activities
• Experience in a nuclear construction environment
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
Connect with Empyrean Services on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter to receive job alerts and news.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/empyrean-services-llc
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Empyrean-Services-486332131441789/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EmpyreanServ
76 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.