Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Per diem isnít available Ė local candidates preferred
This is a structural/Seismic Analysis Engineer position within the Civil/Structural Engineering Organization for the MOX project. This position reports to a Lead Structural Engineer. The Structural/Seismic Team provides engineering support for process units within the facility for which the design has been completed and fabrication is underway. The team is responsible for resolution of issues related to the process gloveboxes and equipment from construction, fabrication, and engineering.
The selected individual will be expected to:
- Perform Structural/seismic/thermal analysis on designs including gloveboxes, frames, equipment, pipings and vessels, etc. Prepare calculations, review and approve design drawings and technical documents;
- Qualify glovebox shells, bellows, support frames, and anchors to maintain integrity/confinement under dead weight, pressure, thermal expansion, seismic inertia, externally applied nozzle loads, impact loading from load drops, and external missiles;
- Qualify process equipment, supports, cranes, barriers, welds, fasteners, and limit stops to remain structural integrity under dead weight, live loading, extreme seismic loading, and impact loading;
- Qualify pressure vessel and piping for dead weight, pressures, thermal expansion, and seismic inertia loading;
- Transmit accelerations, reactions, and deflections for use by interfacing, structural, piping, and electrical organization; and
- Coordinate work efforts with other disciplinary groups as required.
- Must have a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering, or similar engineering field with finite element analysis (FEA) background.
- 3+ years hand-on experience in stress/structural analysis with steel structure using FEA.
- Must be proficient in ANSYS and ANSYS APDL, Microsoft Office, and MATHCAD.
- Must be able to understand and work with 2D and 3D drawings of complex equipment.
- Knowledge of National Codes and Standards such as AISC, AWS, ASME VIII, ASME B31.3, ASTM, and ACI standards is a plus.
- Experience with pressurized vessels & piping, crane, hoists, automated manufacturing systems, and glovebox design is preferable.
- Some proficiency in Solidworks, Creo is desired.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
Connect with Empyrean Services on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter to receive job alerts and news.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/empyrean-services-llc
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Empyrean-Services-486332131441789/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EmpyreanServ
72 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.