Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Per diem isn’t available – local candidates preferred
Currently recruiting a Responsible Engineer to:
• Manage system responsibilities for a group of designated process units within the Fuel Fabrication Facility
• Ensuring the process unit safety basis is maintained, the design meets the functional needs of the company’s process, and applicable requirements from codes/standards are met.
• Understand and maintain unit technical documents and must interface with other company’s Engineering personnel and other departments (Procurement, Startup, Operations, Construction, Security/MC&A).
• Activities may include (but are not limited to): developing system/unit documentation e.g., (system design descriptions), reviewing system design drawings/documentation, providing expertise regarding system/unit operation, reviewing interfacing system documentation (P&IDs and equipment drawings), resolving room layout issues, defining equipment preventive maintenance requirements, providing relevant information to other disciplines (e.g., anchorage loads), providing input regarding nuclear safety strategy, reviewing procedures, etc.
• Review and approve technical submittals from suppliers.
• Interface with equipment manufacturers as appropriate.
• Interface with other discipline engineers.
• Interface with the NRC and NNSA to resolve safety and design issues and make presentations to them.
Required Qualifications (Include only minimum years of experience and education requirements):
• Minimum of a BS Mechanical Engineering degree and at least 0-3 years of experience in the engineering and design of mechanical systems,
• Product or equipment design experience
• Must be organized, pay attention to detail and provide consistent follow-up on issues
• Must be flexible with the ability to handle several priority tasks and to lead others in reaching decisions and developing solutions.
Desired Qualifications (Include only desired/preferred qualifications, certifications, and education beyond the minimum required):
• Experience with nuclear process applications.
• Experience working with or designing equipment and/or Gloveboxes used in nuclear process applications.
• Familiarity/experience with fuel fabrication/handling equipment
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
Connect with Empyrean Services on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter to receive job alerts and news.
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/empyrean-services-llc
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Empyrean-Services-486332131441789/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EmpyreanServ
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.