Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Internal Dosimetrist with the following qualifications:
Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the following:
• Revise the Requirements Document for the bioassay dose tracking system to current practices in preparation for Information Technology’s (IT) rewrite of the internal dose tracking code.
o Develop validation tests for rewritten internal dose tracking system code based on the completed work from the Requirements Document.
Complete testing of the rewritten internal dose tracking code and provide needed input to IT on the test results.
o Develop solutions for testing failures, submit to IT, and retest the code as applicable.
• Research and select a new scanner interface for the dose tracking system to replace the current, simplistic, scanners used to scan tritium bioassay samples submitted by employees in the field.
o Evaluate and test the new scanner within the revised internal dose tracking system.
• Assist in the installation of the FastScan™ kiosk system that provide worker self-service to perform a whole-body gamma analysis.
o Develop tests for kiosk associated with the interface to the revised internal dose tracking system.
o Complete testing of the kiosk system.
o Develop solutions for testing failures, submit to IT, and retest as applicable.
• BS Degree in Health Physics or other applicable science; MS degree preferred.
• US Citizen
• Five years of Health Physics Experience with at least three years in a broad scope DOE Internal Dosimetry program.
• Certified Health Physicist (CHP) or registration by the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists a plus.
• Familiarity with the SRS Internal Dosimetry Program.
Target Start Date: 04/04/2018
Duration: One Year
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
131 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.