Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29803
EGS, Inc. is seeking a Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence (BI) Software Engineer Advisor for our client in Aiken, SC. This is a two year contract, full time, with flexible schedule.
This is a federal position, so US Citizens need only apply.
Send your resumes as soon as possible to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This position closes on March 2, 2018; so don't delay in responding.
Position requires candidate to provide strategic and technical guidance in support of Business Intelligence initiatives. Extensive knowledge with Data Architecture/ Data Modeling is required in support of data warehouse / business intelligence application [Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)]. Tasks include:
• Advanced knowledge of data warehouse development and maintenance lifecycle and methodology.
• Expertise in data modeling; normalized data structures, de-normalized data structures and star-schema data structures including fact tables.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate interaction between Business and Technical team and to translate functional requirements to the development team.
• Requires advanced detailed knowledge of application components (Oracle, Informatica, DAC, WebLogic) - responsible for securing and configuring application components.
• Advanced technical knowledge of OBIEE administrative and metadata tools, security, user interface designs, development and deployment of dashboards, analytics and performance management reports and experience with Oracle DBMS preferably Oracle 11g/Oracle 12c, and OLAP
• Familiarity with implementing OBIEE custom data warehouse solutions and OBIA pre-built BI analytics.
• Maintaining a fundamental comprehension across all areas of OBIEE (technical and functional) to define vision and strategies for OBIEE.
• Responsible for application and user security settings.
• Manage repository layers for an integrated design and to meet specific business area needs.
• Mentor less experienced co-workers in all aspects of BI Data Architecture and Data Modeling.
Tasks will require effective and professional communication skills both written and oral when interacting with SRNS staff.
Produce weekly status report to the Subcontract Technical Representative (STR).
Position requires a 4 year degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 10 years proven performance in related assignment(s) OR a non-related 4 year degree with 12 years proven performance in related assignment(s). In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and at least 16 additional years of relevant information technology experience is acceptable.
Position requires a minimum of 10 years of proven experience with Data Architecture/ Data Modeling and a minimum of 7 years of experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tool suite. Also required is expert technical knowledge of computer languages and information engineering techniques; understanding system development methodologies, goals, and objectives; able to display an understanding of computer and business area operations; possess analytical application abilities; and utilize interpersonal communication skills.
Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR, Financial, Project, and Procure and Spend modules is a must.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. The 40 hour work week will consist of (4) 9 hour work days with (1) 8 hour work day and every other Friday off, or (4) 10 hour work days with either Monday or Friday off depending on coverage needed. Workweek includes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute unpaid lunch. As stated in the duties, work hours may require flexibility to work weekends and off hours or schedule adjustment to address project support needs.
Area Security Access:
Candidates must be US citizens.
A security clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining a clearance.
71 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.