Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Engineering Specialist (Hoisting and Rigging)
Rate: $41.00 hr. - $70.00 hr.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Per Diem: No
Duration: Long term
Clearance: Possess or have ability to obtain an "L" or "Q" clearance.
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job posting. This job posting is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
The Specialists Job Family is responsible for performing complex technical assignments within the approved engineering schedules and budgets, under supervision of the pertinent Engineering, Architecture, or Scientific Supervising Personnel. Specialists coordinate technical and administrative activities in their area of experience with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in the project.
1. Keeps Management advised as to status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
2. Provides technical assistance and guidance to assigned engineers, architects, scientists, specialists, designers and technicians.
3. Assists in the training and evaluation of assigned technical personnel.
4. Continually upgrades his/her technical knowledge and capabilities.
5. Assures quality, quantity, and completeness of assigned tasks.
6. Plans and schedules discipline efforts associated with assignment(s).
7. Assures the timeliness and accuracy of oral and written technical reports on assigned discipline activities.
8. Maintains proper engineering, architectural, or scientific files and records.
9. Performs a variety of other discipline related work, as required
10. Serves as consultant to engineering management, providing advice and counsel on special engineering assignments.
11. Assists in new business efforts involving specialized engineering applications. Develops preliminary cost estimates and participates in proposal preparation and presentation.
12. Prepares and reviews project controls, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects, forecasts and change orders.
13. Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
14. Coordinates and monitors the work of unique field engineering activities and of specialized outside consultants. May participate in selection of outside consultants.
15. Conducts or leads special studies on economic feasibility, new technologies, methods, or materials
16. Requests assistance from senior Engineers, Architects, or Scientists as necessary to comply with the applicable legal requirements on practicing discipline related responsibilities
17. Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of scientific techniques, procedures and criteria.
18. Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
19. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to- day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
20. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
21. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, and regulators).
22. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
23. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
24. Mentors engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
25. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust,
communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
1. Broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and of principles and practices of related technical areas.
2. Knowledge of current industry or regulatory codes and standards and study criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
3. Skill in oral and written communications
1. The Engineering Specialist will be the rigging engineer responsible for providing engineering support of Hoisting & Rigging (H&R) activities on a project or designated portions of a project.
2. Provide rigging engineering support to UCOR Programs and support projects at ETTP, ORNL, and Y-12 which utilizes numerous cranes (truck/mobile and gantry/trolley design) and power industrial trucks. Work includes development of pre-engineered or critical lift plans, selection/procurement of associated rigging or cranes, and help to ensure equipment and rigging maintenance/inspections/repairs/orders are performed/documented in a compliant manner.
3. Provide Hoisting and Rigging (H&R) expertise to assist the H&R Program manager with program management, development and implementation.
4. BS in civil, construction engineering, or other engineering discipline or work experience in the development and design of H&R lift plans
5. 10+ years of previous engineering experience preferred
6. Qualifications for this position include at least 2 years previous engineering experience developing and designing H&R lift plans.
7. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Tennessee or ability to achieve registration is desired
8. Prior work experience on DOE sites is desired.
9. Functional with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software.
10. Possess or have ability to obtain an "L" or "Q" clearance.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.