Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
HukariAscendent is currently recruiting for two (2) Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineers for their client in Portsmouth, OH. Great rate, long-term duration with possibility of portion of project being done remotely. Will entertain both full-time and part-time applicants.
Under general supervision, performs NCS Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management In NCS program Implementation and engineering system design; which may include duties or activities in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Performs tracking and trending of NCS performance
• Performs maintenance and supports NCS operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
• Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs) when qualified
• Performs peer review of NCSEs, NCSDs, and NCS Calculation documents
• Prepares disposition of problem reports
• Performs project engineering functions Involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures
• Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems
• Prepares forecasts, quality take-offs and change orders
• Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies
• Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts
• Responsible for technical ownership of assigned NCS projects
• Subject matter expert for assigned NCS projects
• Assists in training preparation and facilitation
• Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy
• Lead role for projects as assigned
• Partners with senior NCS Engineers In completing assigned engineering task and job functions
• Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards
• Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
• Serves as a resource for lower level positions
• Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
• Performs a variety of tasks complex in nature
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
•BS degree in a related field and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 - 10 years, with a minimum of 3 years direct NCS Engineer experience.
•Expert understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices
•Expert knowledge of applicable codes and standards, as well as project procedures
•Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines
•Must possess a DOE "L" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" Clearance
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
142 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.