Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an electrical engineer experienced in the planning oversight, and hands on execution of arc flash evaluations for site distribution systems and equipment to support operation, maintenance, construction and design development. Must be familiar with arc flash calculations for NFA 70E and particularly with SKM Power Tools for Windows. Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Under general supervision, performs Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in engineering equipment design and development; system design; materials testing; review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data prepared by engineers and subcontractors; engineering data retrieval and field walk-downs and engineering computer programming as assigned. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
* Provide analysis and assistance for electrical engineering matters ranging from three-phase medium voltage distribution systems (13.8 kV) to three- and single-phase application voltages (480/2201208/120 VAC) with concentration and focus on NEC, and NFPA DOE arc flash analyses and safety practices.
* Assist Maintenance and Operations forces in the field to troubleshoot electrical problems, to develop repairs and modifications for existing electrical systems, and to confirm as-built conditions as part of arc flash evaluations and drawing updates.
* Plans, oversees and executes arc flash evaluations for site distribution systems and equipment to support operations, maintenance, construction, and design development. Must be familiar with arc flash calculations for NFPA 70E and particularly with SKM Power Tools for Window.
* Prepare preliminary and final evaluations, specifications and design reports.
* Evaluates operations & proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state, or local statutes, and environmental regulations.
* Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of electrical equipment including medium voltage overhead transmission lines, breakers, MCCs, switches, transformers, and substations.
* Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies.
* Works with Engineering team to provide technical guidance to field project personnel.
* Assumes the lead role on Engineering project designs as assigned.
* Maintains familiarity with current technical developments in pertinent scientific areas.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced.
* Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or in an engineering field accompanied by electrically-related field experience and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience are required. Typical experience ranges from 10-20 years.
* Demonstrated experience with NEC, NFPA 70E and arc flash are required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Experience at, and familiarity with, PORTS site desirable but not required.
* Ability to obtain DOE Clearance required.
Duration: Award through 09/30/2018 with possible extension(s).
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
116 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.