Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
DN206008 – HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST 2 – CHARLOTTE, NC – 12 MONTHS – 10 POSITIONS
• H&S can follow all OSHA, Federal, State and Local Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
• H&S must follow al Site Specific Safety Plan and their own company safety policies and procedures.
• Contractor has Qualified Operators on all construction equipment to include cranes, aerial lifts, backhoes, and has a Competent Person on site at all times and is competent in any of the following areas while work is being performed:
• Fall Protection, Aerial Lifts, Hydrostatic Testing, Trenching and Excavation, Confined Space, HAZCOM, PPE, etc.
• Providing and documenting a daily job briefing/JSA to all contractor’s and visitor’s to the site.
• Preparing and following a Job Hazard Analysis for all actual and potential risks when working on the following activities:
• Jobs that have the potential to cause severe or disabling injuries or illness, which human error could lead to a severe accident or injury, jobs that undergone changes in processes and procedures that the potential to cause severe or disabling injuries or illnesses o Activities involving hazardous substances (e.g., hydrogen, chemicals) not routinely used by employees
• Jobs that include electrical safety; i.e. high voltage work, involve the Keys to Life for this Business Unit, activities that deviate from standard safe work practices or procedures or activities involving exposure to environmental extremes
• Other high risks jobs as identified by the work group Supervisor, site management, or Health & Safety
• Work under general supervision and often be self-directed, recommend improvements in basic processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazard potential.
• May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel working as a HSE professional.
• Know the respective H&S contractual requirements to ensure full understanding of expectations, ensure a safe work environment is maintained through the identification and correction of H&S related hazards and risks.
• Perform daily/routine field observations to identify unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviors, and environmental issues, attend and participate in Project Meetings, Pre-Job Briefings, Daily/Weekly Tool Box meetings, and any other meetings required by the Project Manager or the 3rd Party Chief Inspector.
• Perform incident trend analysis and develop safety and health improvement initiatives, administer and facilitate enforcement of safety initiatives.
• Ensure communication delivery to project managers and work teams and by following up with the appropriate personnel, provide routine updates of H&S issues to the contractor’s FSS and PM.
• Assist with or provide training to contractors as needed for various H&S topics including orientation.
• Communicate with all Duke Energy PM and Safety Specialist team regarding any safety or environmental issues or concerns, notify appropriate contractor personnel to facilitate correction of any deficiencies in a timely manner and report all findings to the respective contractor and the DE management team.
• Always be wearing the appropriate and required PPE on all job sites which includes: Hard Hat, ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields, ANSI approved protective footwear (should be boots with at least a ¾ upper or shaft and can be either steel or composite toes), High Visibility Apparel, and hearing and hand protection at the ready.
• Daily Observations will be entered into the Duke Energy Plant View system.
• Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Current CPR/First Aid/AED Certification & minimum of OSHA 30 Certification, 510 or 511 preferred
• 5 to 8 years’ Experience and or Degree (EHS) with 3 years’ experience.
• Experience Managing Multiple /Large Scale Projects and Subordinate Safety Professionals.
• Verify Environmental Information is being Managed, Collected and Reported, contractor is following Site Specific Environmental Plan and Contractor is utilizing BMP’s for ECD’s on the R.O.W., Yard’s and Construction Sites.
• Consult with Project Specific Environmental Inspector to confirm contractor is in compliance with Environmental Punch list / L.I.A. permitting and compliance.
• Review project site for Environmental Safety Deficiencies, Report any deficiencies and consult with appropriate parties to issue a corrective action.
• Site Safety Inspections shall also include observations for environmental issues such as containment, container labeling/control, potential refueling or other types of spills, hazardous materials, etc.
• Have a working knowledge of basic environmental requirements to identify non-compliance issues.
• Immediately notify the Contractor PM, Superintendent, FSS, Chief Inspector, and DE Project Management Team of potential asbestos or lead containing materials encountered by employees, both Contractor and Duke Energy.
• Serve as the Owner Representative, who is responsible for ensuring that the Owner’s interest is being served at all times.
Positions will travel between multiple locations in the Carolinas.
88 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.