Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Locations: Bremerton, Spokane, Portland
Construction Quality Control Manager
The Quality Control Manager (QCM) is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards and specifications. The QCM role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and coordination with personnel, subcontractors, suppliers, and clients to provide and document a quality product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads planning, development, and implementation of the Quality Management Plan and system for all work divisions from notice to proceed through final customer acceptance. Establishes and leads quality control initiatives, activities, and corrective actions.
• Reviews project specifications for project quality requirements.
• Reviews shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
• Conducts weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provides written minutes as described in project contract documents.
• Manages Non-Conformance Notices and the Request for Information process though corrective action.
• Manages and resolves issues in conjunction with the project superintendent.
• Records daily quality control observations on all construction activities.
• Creates, updates and maintains project submittal logs and all other project specific quality control reports.
• Conducts preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of Construction desired for each definable feature of work. Verifies and documents that all materials received for the project are in conformance with approved submittals, and contract specifications. Verifies all onsite materials are handled and stored properly for use on the project.
• Conducts preconstruction meetings with the superintendent and all subcontractors prior to the start of each new phase of work.
• Documents and maintains project specific test and inspection logs.
• Conducts follow up inspections to verify all work is being performed in accordance with the contract documents and the approved project submittals (Desired results come from what is inspected, not what is expected.
• Coordinates and documents the testing and commissioning of building system.
• Records and distributes Contractor punch list items, Government punch list items, and verifies there completion prior to Final inspection.
• Documents final inspections, certificates of occupancy and acceptance of completed work.
• Maintains the project "as-built" drawings on a daily basis.
• Assembles and submits project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, “as-builts” and warranties.
• Stops work, if necessary, to resolve matters that affect safety or quality.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field, preferred.
Experience: Possess at least seven (7) years of relevant construction experience with at least three (3) years as a quality control manager, preferred.
Training: Successful completion of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) “Construction Quality Management for Contractors” within the last three (3) years, preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
• OSHA 30 hour Construction Safety Course.
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM).
• Technical knowledge of materials and construction concepts.
• Ability to enforce all regulatory, base and company specific safety rules.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ), International Organization for Standards (ISO), International Code Council (ICC) or other quality management training and certification desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow procedures and schedules, and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes.
• Effective professional oral and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and values that are above-reproach.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
84 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.