Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
ENERCON Services Inc., doing business for the Federal Government through our wholly owned subsidiary, ENERCON Federal Services (EFS), provides engineering and environmental services to many branches of the Federal Government. With extensive experience in engineering design, nuclear safety, decommissioning and environmental services, we are actively supporting large and small projects throughout the DOE complex. EFS also has current experience supporting operations and decommissioning efforts at US Army Corps of Engineers and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer to represent ENERCON at a customer site in Oak Ridge, TN. MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE Q CLEARANCE
Structural engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, LICOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary
and assigned. Project support locations may include ETTP, ORNL and Y-12.
Special Job Requirements:
In this role, your Key Responsibilities will be to:
Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains
Experienced in structural inspection
Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
·Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays
and adverse problems
Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with engineering assignments
Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training
Complies with company's safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies
In this role, your Key Responsibilities will be to:
· Prepare error-free engineering documents (e.g., drawings, sketches, instructions, inputs, calculations, analyses, evaluations) according to and bounded by industry codes, standards, and regulations to support client engineering needs
· Generate engineering related documents in accordance with client, ENERCON, and regulatory requirements, adhering to client and ENERCON procedures, processes, specifications, and other company or project directives
· Maintain up to date and relevant knowledge of industry codes and standards, safety culture, and design techniques suitable to the nuclear industry
· Provide peer and technical reviews of engineering designs and engineering related documentation produced by others
· Produce high quality engineering deliverables in accordance with client and ENERCON Quality Assurance (QA) Programs that are consistent with project work scopes and client expectations
· Build strong relationships with clients through professional interactions and communications, and through the development of quality engineering products
· Consult with other disciplines to ensure designs are compatible with and have considered all disciplinary requirements
· Travel to plant sites to interface with client personnel, and to perform walk downs of plant structures, systems, and components related to the project work
· Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget
· Serve as the Responsible Engineer (RE) and/or Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) on projects
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
BS in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
7+ years of relevant experience required
Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction
methods and materiats. and engineering application of computers
Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
Excellent written and verbal communication skHls
Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
Previous experience at DOE facilities
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
ENERCON Services, Inc. (ENERCON) is a 34-year old, employee-owned, consulting company, providing premier engineering and technical services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial verticals, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is an employee owned company with excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON and career opportunities at our other locations, visit us at www.enercon.com .
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
75 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.