Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
ENERCON Services Inc., doing business for the Federal Government through our wholly owned subsidiary, ENERCON Federal Services, Inc. (EFS), provides engineering and environmental services to many branches of the Federal Government. With extensive experience in engineering design, nuclear safety, decommissioning and environmental services, we are actively supporting large and small projects throughout the DOE complex. EFS also has current experience supporting operations and decommissioning efforts at US Army Corps of Engineers and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Industrial Hygienist to join the EFS team in our Oak Ridge, TN office. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L Clearance (US Citizenship Required).
The Senior Industrial Hygienist (IH) is responsible for assigned industrial hygiene activities.
Provide specific support, management and/or coordination of ES&H programs as assigned to include the following:
* Provide leadership and support for implementing the Implements and provides oversight and technical support in the practical application of regulatory procedures/requirements and standards applicable to the industrial hygiene discipline.
* Monitor work practices in the assigned area.
* Conduct hazard analyses consistent with the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) process to anticipate and control health hazards.
* Review operations, procedures, and work control documents that involve hazardous materials or agents.
* Coordinate with project managers, supervisors and subcontract coordinators on industrial hygiene/health implications.
* Conduct initial or baseline surveys of work areas or operations to identify and evaluate potential worker health risks.
* Perform hazard assessments for chemical, physical, and biological agents and ergonomic stressors using recognized assessment methodologies and use of accredited industrial hygiene laboratories.
* Recommend appropriate engineering, administrative, work practice, and/or personal protective control methods to limit concentrations to acceptable levels.
* Perform or oversee initial or baseline industrial hygiene surveys of work areas or operations to identify, evaluate, and control potential worker health risks.
* Conduct periodic IH surveys and/or sampling based on regulatory requirements and ensure that supervisors and sampled workers are informed of the results.
* Prepare Industrial Hygiene Air Sampling (IHAS) reports as required.
* Attend meetings to communicate IH program issues within area of expertise.
* Document and maintain IH survey records, notifications of personal monitoring results, and equipment calibration logs.
* Recommend appropriate engineering, administrative, work practice, and/or PPE including respiratory protection to control methods to limit potential contact with hazardous chemicals, physical, and/or biological agents to acceptable levels.
* Report to the IH Lead, Project ESH Operations Manager/designee and functionally to the UCOR Safety and Health Manager.
* Meet schedule and budget for assigned responsibilities and tasks.
* Maintain training, required reading and any qualification requirements current.
* Communicate regularly pertinent information needed to implement ESH Programs in a consistent, compliant, and timely manner.
* Approve industrial hygiene sampling documents and IHAS reports for assigned projects prior to submittal to the Project IH Lead
• BA/BS in a technical field and at least one (1) year of related experience, or AS/AA in a technical field and three (3) years relevant experience, or technical training and six (6) years relevant experience
• Currently active DOE "L" clearance or ability to obtain/maintain a DOE "L" clearance (US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
• Applicant must pass preemployement drug/ alcohol and background check
ENERCON Services, Inc. is a 34-year-old engineering and technical services consulting company, providing premier services to companies in the energy, utility and industrial verticals, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is fully owned by our employees, and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about us, visit enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
56 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.