Safety Officer (319389)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on May 21, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29673
The Director of Safety and Human Performance (HU) will lead and drive the safety culture by providing strategy, leadership, and support for all business units of BHI Energy. The Corporate Safety Director will work directly with corporate leadership to oversee and implement safety and human performance procedures to achieve compliance with all external regulations, company standards, operating procedures, and organizational goals. Director of Safety and HU is the general point of contact for field oversight, safety standards, communications, training, and HU. Across all business units, this position provides management of approved safety strategies and organizational initiatives, ownership of client response and satisfaction, owner of cultural programs and performance improvement for Safety/HU.
This position reports to the Vice President of the Center of Excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the development and implementation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives objectives in compliance with federal Occupational Safety and Healt Administration (OSHA) standards, work-related judicial rulings and state regulations.
- Research, develop, and implement new policies, practices, procedures, or guidelines as they relate to safety and human performance improvement.
- Develop and deliver safety plans and procedures for maintaining high standards to ensure that business units conform to local and federal laws.
- Develop and deliver safety training programs and assess the effectiveness of the program.
- Review all safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies on a continuous basis and revise as appropriate.
- Develop and administer company safety incentive programs, including the evaluation of the effectiveness of such programs in positively changing employee behavior.
- Improves working conditions, using knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, and safety standards; develops loss-control programs; and devises methods to evaluate safety programs.
- Develop Cultural programing and initiatives, including products such as outage kick-off material and employee orientations
- Perform event investigation and corrective actions, post initial medical case management
- Aid with safety staffing including vetting and approval of potential field safety technicians
- Serve as dotted line oversight for BHI field representatives
- Provide direct support and/or representation of BHI safety program to potential clients
- Oversight of safety for BHI owned/leased facilities, including emergency planning
- Evaluation of PPE selection
- Provide Regulatory response as needed
- Management of industrial hygiene monitoring programs
- Other assigned duties
Required to be considered:
364 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.