Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77210
Title: Automation Specialist
Duration: Contract Opportunity – 9 months
Location: Houston or New Orleans
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day system maintenance and production support activities for RPA program. Works with the lines of business and development team to schedule, administer and monitor robots in the operational environment as well as participates and ensure adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes. Works with the business and development team to understand requirements and design to prepare test plans and cases. Takes direction from a Sr. Developer or Automation Architect to test automation projects across the organization. Able to create and execute test plans that ensure that automations are stable for production release. Understands process automation best practices to ensure automations meet business requirements and meets stated targets for efficiency.
1. Manage day-to-day system maintenance and production support activities for RPA deployment in business units. Schedule, administer and monitor robots in the operational environment. Participates and ensure adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes. Participate to support documentation creation, update and sharing. Participate to Resiliency events (Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, etc.) to ensure Business Continuity objectives are met.
2. Able to work with cross-functional team that is responsible for managing RPA infrastructure and to handle customer support requests and efficiently resolve them. Acts as a resource and communicates effectively with internal stakeholders, technical leads, and management to regularly report on status, issues, and risks. Understand and remain fully aware of the business processes automated on the production platform.
3. Serve as Point of Contact for RPA Support, get heavily involved in rapid recovery of RPA solutions during production outages, and communicate accordingly to impacted customers. Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions to prevent reoccurrences of incidents.
4. Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing automation efforts.
5. Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all automations developed, automation environments.
6. Work closely with Senior Developer and Technical Lead in understanding the functional and technical design. Regularly leads team through preparing and estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's acceptance criteria for tasks is appropriate and met universally. Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases.
7. Participate in the full life cycle of automation development life cycle and design and execute manual and automated test procedures. Support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases. Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results.
8. Designs test plans for simple to complex automations that work across distributed enterprise systems in accordance with overall testing strategy. Develop and execute tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test requirements. Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide status to the team.
9. Determines more complex best practices and suggests how to improve current quality processes, standards and practices. Participate to the continuous improvement of the platform monitoring and production processes.
• Bachelor's degree in technology field
• 5+ years of work experience in testing Business IT Applications, Digital technologies, and Platform implementation.
• 2+ years experience with Automation Anywhere.
• 1 year of experience in implementing robotic process automation technologies.
• Experienced developing automations with web browsers, Excel, PDFs, and database applications with Automation Anywhere.
• 2 years of experience in implementing automation solutions.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to translate user requirements into automation test procedures.
• Good understanding of programming concepts and a programming background in any coding language, preferably .Net.
• Good understanding of Process Design documents, Technical Design documents in Automation space.
• Strong understanding of various automation components and features available in Automation Anywhere.
• Strong understanding with software quality assurance procedures and processes
• Strong understanding of relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications
• Strong understanding of software design patterns
• Strong understanding of SOAP, Web Services and APIs
• Understands development methodology and lifecycle.
• Should be analytical and able to improvise test configuration to new situations.
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
• Well-organized with good communication and reporting skills.
• Should have prior experience with production support and need to have solid exposure with escalation management and SLA maintenance procedures.
• Ability to work on problem resolution with software vendor, engineering team and other support groups.
• Should have hands on experience with prioritize open issues, tasks and manage workload in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge and experience in developing solutions within the Energy sector is a plus.
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.
13 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.