Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Idaho Falls
Country: United States
Seven mechanical engineers are needed to support a Department of Energy (DOE) client. Position responsibilities and job requirements are as follows:
Apply science, technology, and engineering knowledge to design, analyze, and model new or changes to existing structures, systems and components through preparation of drawings, specifications, and other design documents. Prepare design reports and calculations to support design concepts. Design phases include conceptual through detailed final design. Evaluate field problems and prepare design change documentation when necessary. Integrate safety into all aspects of the engineering designs. Be totally committed to safety in the workplace, for yourself and for others. Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal and state Orders and Regulations, National Consensus Codes and Standards, and quality assurance, environmental, safety
and security requirements.
Minimum qualification requirements:
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 to 15 years experience in mechanical systems, and equipment design and construction (including HVAC systems design and sizing, industrial ventilation systems, pumps, and piping systems) including preparation of conceptual and construction/fabrication drawings, specifications, reports, studies, and calculations.
• Experience and proficiency with 3D modeling software (Inventor or Solidworks), MS Office software, MathCad, and Adobe Pro will be helpful.
• Must have a working knowledge of Federal and State Orders and Regulations, National Codes and Standards, and quality assurance, environmental, safety and security requirements.
• Able to apply advanced engineering principles, theories, and concepts and contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
• Able to develop solutions to difficult problems through innovation and/or adaptation of emerging technological developments.
• Can perform work toward self-determined goals, without consultation and without direction from others. Can self-initiate assignments.
• Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
• Can serve as organization spokesperson on specialized topics within area of expertise.
• Plans and conducts efforts on complex assignments or projects. Reviews progress and evaluates results.
• Applies continuous improvement process to promote positive changes in practices, programs or procedures.
• Has excellent communication and negotiation skills; can effectively write reports and make presentations; and productively interface with customer.
• Participates in continuing education, maintains and enhances technical capability, and continues to acquire competence in engineering disciplines.
• Is aware of and applies the latest technologies, manufacturing techniques, and engineering tools to the design effort
• A professional engineering (PE) license in the State of Idaho Electrical Engineering or able to obtain the required license within six months.
If qualified and interested please send resume to email@example.com
35 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.