Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Idaho Falls
Country: United States
Two structural engineers are needed to support a Department of Energy (DOE) client. Position responsibilities and job requirements are as follows:
Provide engineering support to the Civil/Structural & Analysis organization in a variety of projects and functions. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Performing analysis, hand calculations, modeling and simulation of civil/ structural and mechanical systems and components.
2. Perform linear and nonlinear, static and dynamic, analysis of such factors as stress, force, vibration, and material plasticity. Compare results to the provisions of governing codes, standards, and orders.
3. Perform seismic (and other natural phenomenon) analysis of structures and components of varying complexity.
4. Provide support to various projects requiring design and analysis of concrete, asphalt, and earthwork applications.
5. Provide support to design teams in development of design requirements, alternative analysis, equipment selection and sizing, vendor equipment summaries and evaluations, and drawings.
6. Develop specifications, drawings, supporting analysis and calculations and engineering design files.
7. Perform technical checking of Engineering Design Files and drawings for a variety of projects.
8. Provide support to Safety Analysis through simulation of postulated accidents and their structural/mechanical consequences.
9. Contribute to and develop cost estimates.
10. Document analyses with accurate and concise reports
Minimum qualification requirements:
• U.S. citizen or authorization to work in the U.S., and able to interview in Idaho Falls, Idaho
• Work a 4X10 schedule, based out the Sawtelle Street Facility and be able to perform site visits as required.
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in civil/structural engineering or applied mechanics and 10-15 years of position-related experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Apply engineering principles, theories, and concepts and relevant technical knowledge necessary to complete various jobs
• Knowledge of and ability to apply local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines as required
• Communicate effectively with a design team, management, coworkers, and clients
• Produce written reports, analyses, and other deliverables
• Complete work on schedule, participate in reviews, and provide technical checks and peer reviews
• Have experience and be conversant in RISA, Mulitframe, and STAAD software
• Proficient in MS Word and MathCad
• A professional engineering (PE) license in the State of Idaho Civil, Structrual, or applicable Engineering.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
36 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.