Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
System One is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Specialist for part-time vendor surveillance.
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist – Conduct various quality assurance related oversight activities to assess full compliance with appropriate internal and external requirements, applying fundamental NQA-1 based technical quality assurance knowledge. Oversight activities may include fabrication oversight, construction oversight, and field assessments at numerous vendor facilities. Assume responsibility within assigned quality assurance areas for inspections and related activities applying specific knowledge of regulatory agency and site applied codes, standards, drawings, statement of works, procedures, work control documents, travelers, contract submittals and other requirements. Analyze and recommend incorporation of technological advancements in techniques, principles, and theories of Quality Assurance Programs. Must have demonstrated work history in the conduct of quality assurance activities. This position requires 10 years of experience or a combination of education and relevant experience deemed acceptable by NWP.
• American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector at a minimum per AWS QC1. Supporting documentation is required.
• Knowledgeable in non-destructive testing. Supporting documentation is required.
• Knowledgeable in dimensional inspection. Supporting documentation is required.
• Capable of performing visual inspections.
• Capable of performing dimensional inspections using complex instruments.
• Capable of performing oversight of subcontractors performing nondestructive testing.
• Must possess good report writing, generate reports in a timely manner, and possess good communication skills
• Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing Oversight functions such as Shop Surveillance; Construction Oversight; Fabrication Oversight; Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Inspections which will include travel to numerous vendor facilities.
• Must be able to report on project status and participate in project-specific team meetings as requested by the NWP QA STR.
• Must be capable of reviewing and interpreting complex drawings, statement of works, specifications, codes, etc.
• Must be capable of successfully completing a site specific NWP annual eye exam, prior to commencement of any inspection activities.
• Must successfully complete NWP QA Qualification Process including Quality Engineer Task Cards and Dimensional Inspection Authorization Task Card with hands on dimensional practical exam as directed by NWP QA STR.
• Work activities will be performed under the direction of the NWP QA organization, using WIPP procedures, forms, and the NWP QA Program Description (QAPD).
• Be capable of climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on uneven surfaces, working in various temperature extremes, and carrying inspection equipment as needed
• Must complete site specific training on an as needed basis as directed by the NWP QA STR.
83 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.