Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Enercon Services, Inc. (ENERCON) is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and environmental services firm that provides a broad range of professional services to private, public, and government-sector clients throughout the U.S.
We are currently seeking a Electrical Design Engineer to represent ENERCON at a customer site in Aiken, SC (Savannah River).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
* Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, construction support, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to:
* Single Line Drawings; Electrical Equipment Lists; Control System Design; Control Schematics and Connection Diagrams; Electrical Equipment Specifications; Bulk Material Specifications; Circuit/Raceway/Wiring/Connection Design; Grounding; Heat Tracing; Fire Detection; Short Circuit Calculations; Arc Flash Incident Energy Analysis; Load Flow Analysis; and Electrical System Sizing Calculations.
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering
* Candidate must demonstrate ten years of design experience in the nuclear or chemical process industry and possess a working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFPA, IEEE, and OSHA requirements. Proficient using 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software (preferably MicroStation). Candidate must have experience using software (preferably ETAP) to generate electrical system calculations.
* Candidate must be able to walk down systems in the field. Previous SRS Design Engineering experience is preferred.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Security Clearance Requirement:
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “ L “ security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not inittially required to perform assigned duties.
ENERCON Services, Inc. is a 34-year old, engineering and technical services consulting company, providing premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
ENERCON Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EEO/AA).
32 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.