Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29802
MUST BE US CITIZEN
RESUMES TO ENGINEERED RESOURCES BY 5/21/18
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Process Flow; Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; System Descriptions; Mechanical Equipment Lists; Mechanical Equipment Sizing; Pipe and Valve Specifications; Failure Analysis; Accident Analysis; Finite Element Analysis; ASME Code Design and Evaluation; Pipe Stress Analysis; Material Handling Design; Fire Protection Design; HVAC Design; and Vendor Document Reviews.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hr/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day) and a 9/80s (9hrs/day; five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each work day has a 30minute lunch.
BS Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
In addition to education, the following are required skills, knowledge and/or qualifications:
• Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 15 years design experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working at one or more DOE facilities.
• Knowledge of ASME B31.3 piping codes and standards requirements.
• Process development and analysis experience.
• Ability to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures are required.
• Preferred: Experience in 2D Microstation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is preferred.
• Preferred: Nuclear material handling and glovebox experience is preferred.
Area Security Access:
A DOE security clearance is required for this position. Candidate must be able to obtain a DOE “L” Security Clearance.
27 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.