International - Preventative Maintenance Engineer (319577)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on May 15, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: West Virginia
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 26576
BHI is currently recruiting for a Preventative Maintenance Engineer for an international / overseas long term opportunity.
Development of the Preventative Maintenance Program and Technical Specification Surveillances required for maintenance during the initial and continued operation of Nuclear Power Plant. This effort also necessitates the development of the associated work packages that provide organizational direction, technical specifications, and work instructions for event free maintenance activities. Creating the work packages for the PMs and Technical Specification Surveillances include, but are not limited to, designing and developing model work orders, writing Human Factored Technical Work Instructions, providing input to update/correct maintenance program documentation, maintenance procedures, guidelines, data and general technical and business information.
• Creation of PMs and Technical Specification Surveillances, initial maintenance work packages using vendor manuals, industry procedures or procedures supplied by other experts as required by the functions in line with internationally accepted standards.
• Develop Human Factored Technical work instructions to support execution of event free maintenance.
• Assist and develop maintenance specific model work instructions and model work orders
• Verify and correctly link the Bill of Materials (BOM) to specific functional locations (FLOCs) and components. BOMs do not exist yet and planners are not the right resources to create/validate them, this is a materials and component (field) engineer capability.
• Align requirements in the Maintenance Manual with requirements in the maintenance procedures.
• Ensure statutory requirements, as laid out in the Technical Specifications and FSAR, are met through the development and implementation of the PM Program.
• Ensure that there are alignment of all the surveillance and statutory requirements of Operations, Radiation
Protection, Chemistry, Fire Protections, etc. with Maintenance and ensure that work duplication are avoided.
• Optimize maintenance procedures to eliminate Human Performance Error Likely Situations and duplicate tasks, via the use of Procedure Change Requests (PCRs). PCRs are generated on an as needed (daily) basis by the functions as the work performed by the maintenance planner(s) may identify procedure improvement opportunities.
• Assist the PM contractor to expedite the PM Program development where required.
• Coach Plant Maintenance staff on correct work package preparation, compilation, execution, history recording and close out.
• Collect and verify plant information to develop orders and schedules.
• Develop, compile and update procedures as required.
• Perform plant system walk downs and component verification.
• Perform technical administrative activities as assigned by Site Maintenance Managers
•The contracted Maintenance Field Engineers are fully integrated into the Company Procedures and Records
Management function and systems in order to improve productivity and achieve business objectives.
• Assessing any gaps identified by the Maintenance Basis and develop the required work packages/work instructions.
• Possible secondment to other departments as required, in line with skills and project requirements.
Maintenance Field Engineers will be required, amongst other, to develop, update, technically verify by desktop, simulator and/or plant walk down PMs and Technical Specification Surveillances, and format existing and new Maintenance work packages:
• Validate through a review of the background documents, vendor manuals, and drawings as assigned.
• Support development of the work packages for successful execution of PMs and Technical Specification
Surveillances, and their associated work instructions.
• Review documents associated with PMs and Technical Specification Surveillances developed by other departments that may have an impact on Maintenance.
• Perform technical review of maintenance work packages against Operating Technical Specifications, design specifications, license requirements and documents and guidelines as assigned.
• Verification and validation of work packages as required and defined in Company procedures. This task will include plant walk downs and require physical fitness to complete.
• The contracted Maintenance Field Engineers will be fully integrated into the Company Procedures and Records
Management function and is expected to assist the broader team to achieve the objectives and targets set for the Maintenance Department.
Minimum qualification and experience requirements for Maintenance Field Engineers:
• An engineering diploma (electrical, mechanical, I&C) OR equivalent experience & training at a nuclear power plant.
•Have at least 10 years field experience in a mechanical, electrical or Instrumentation & Control discipline, with in-plant experience that includes maintenance activities, fault finding, technical problem resolution.
• At least 10 years experience with advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control)
to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
•Full English fluency is required for document understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand. A minimum English proficiency of 5.5 in all categories are required on the IELTS or equivalent scale. This is applicable to non-native English speakers and evidence should be submitted.
166 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.