[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 491125
Posted By: PMQS
Posted On: 2019-02-13 11:36:17
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: APPLY HERE!!
Subject: [Shipfitter] Shipfitter
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Requirements For Shipfitter
Four years commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
1. Tack Welding- Multi-pass (NA VSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-0 I 0/248)
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating•Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright/ Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging
6. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon
reporting for the first day of work. This test will be in accordance with Tech Pub 248 Paragraph
5.3 and the following:
A. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process
B. With MIL-I 0718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/ 1
C. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
D. With a 3-Pass, 3/8" Fillet instead of the Single-pass Fillet shown in Tech Pub 248 Figure 16.
Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
A. Multi-pass Tack Weld consisting of:
( I ) hour practice
(I) hour Vertical test
(I) hour Overhead test
B. Visual Inspection of Weld Level 1
Prior to performing work at Newport News, all Shipfitters must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Newport News welding school.
**Prior to employment, all new hire candidates must pass a background check and hair follicle drug test.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
1154 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.