Turbine Mechanic (319270) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Turbine Mechanic (319270)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on January 16, 2019 at 09:17:02. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28078
FALL 2018 TURBINE MECHANIC: Nuclear
Ability to disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, assemble/align main turbines, feed-water pump turbines and associated components with limited to no supervision (independent worker).
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE - TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in basic mechanical shop skills, bearing maintenance, associated valve maintenance, coupling and internal component alignment, mechanical seals, and basic rigging practices. ·
- Five or more years of experience in the field with steam and gas turbines, turbine valves and associated equipment/components
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS: ***MUST HAVE TURBINE EXPERIENCE***
Should have ability to:
- Disassemble, inspect, reassemble, restore turbine components as defined by station procedure.
- Troubleshoot components to identify real or potential problem areas.
- Identify parts and turbine terminology
- Handle, clean, and properly store parts.
- Remove and install gaskets and packing
- Disassemble I reassemble hydraulic coupling and bolted joints
- Align and balance turbine as directed by Technical Staff to station specifications.
- Use rigging procedures and equipment.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, lift a minimum of forty pounds overhead, able to work in extreme heat or cold conditions and confined space.
- Demonstrate knowledge of steam turbine machine trains and valve components
- Use and read precision tools such as inside and outside micrometers, dial calipers, depth micrometers, dial indicators, periphery tape measures, and etc.
- Use oxy-acetylene torches
- Use and properly operate applicable basic hand tools, precision instruments, pneumatic and hydraulic
tooling, calibrated tools and equipment, normal turbine alignment and balance measuring devices general
machine shop equipment such as grinders, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and clearance diagrams
- Capable of taking internal component alignment by the use of a tight line
- Experience with turbine controls such as front standard governor maintenance and valve setups
- Capable of operating a surface grinder, milling machine, versa mill, lamina drill and lathe for minor machine work
- Capable. of performing machine train alignments as directed
- Capable of lifting journal and thrust bearings such as scraping and bluing bearings to journals
- Leadership abilities
- Basic understanding of turbine generators and associated components operations.
1023 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.