Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 53545
SHINE is immediately seeking a DIRECT HIRE Mechanical Project Engineer position to support the Projects Organization in initiating and completing the activities needed to bring the SHINE Medical Isotope Production Facility into commercial operation.
These activities will be supportive of Project Controls, Engineering, Licensing, Procurement, Construction, Training, Commissioning and Operational functions. The Project Engineer position will also support day to-day-activities required for the design and construction of the SHINE facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Construction Manager in managing General Contractor, including contractual, logistical, and technical requirements
- Provide technical advice and works with General Contractor and SHINE Engineering to solve mechanical design problems
- Acquire technical knowledge of the production facility design, regulatory requirements, and project status, and translate this knowledge into reports, schedules, plans and other tools needed to drive the project to completion
- Perform site inspections to verify mechanical work scope completed in alignment with design requirements
- Interface and collaborate with external stakeholders and vendors to advance SHINE project goals
- Plan, execute, and manage installation contracts which support mechanical scope elements
- Identify and track items adverse to Quality
- Work with and assist all divisions of the company to execute activities required to complete the production facility and establish commercial operation.
- Other duties as assigned by Construction Manager
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science or another technical field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in one or more areas of construction or project management (e.g., work execution, work planning, managing contracts, field engineering, etc.)
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in construction or project management may be substituted for the bachelors degree
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment and to take directions as well as think independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction drawings, specifications, procedures, and government regulations
- Industry experience in construction or operations of nuclear facilities (Part 50 or 70).
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in construction or project management at Part 50 or 70 facilities
- Experience managing or troubleshooting mechanical installations; including low pressure piping systems, valves, ASME NDE requirements, etc.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards information which typically requires pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To apply, please complete our culture survey at http://www.cindexinc.com/c/0F2F23 and separately send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to email@example.com.
VP of Human Resources
SHINE Medical Technologies
101 East Milwaukee Street, Suite 600
Janesville, WI 53545
25 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.