Supervisor (320735) - BHI Energy - Roadtechs.com Nuclear Job Board
Posted by: BHI Energy <Tricia.Cusimano@bhienergy.com> on November 14, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 27343
BHI Energy is currently looking to hire a Site Supervisor at the Roxboro Fossil Plant. This is a full time position located in Semora, NC. This position is a local hire position and does not pay perdie, the Supervisor position requiring some hands-on labor to support client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable BHI Energy, Duke Energy technical specifications, procedures and Human Performance (HU)/ safety standards and expectations.
- Ensure that janitorial and utility personnel obtain and maintain job essential functions and qualifications required to perform assigned work.
- Conduct safety briefings, pre-job briefings (PJB's) and documented field observations.
- Foster and facilitate employee development through technical training and OJT.
- Champion Human Performance, Safety, Corrective Action, Quality Assurance, and other programs established to ensure safe, quality, and efficient performance. Responsible for daily safety briefings and enforcing BHI and Duke Energy safety guidelines.
- Maintain the schedule for janitorial and utility personnel necessary to support the plant/station operational schedule.
- Monitor progress of all assigned work; identify and solve issues; report status of assignments to BHI Management and the Duke Resource Coordinator or designee as needed.
- Maintain accurate time keeping records for assigned personnel.
- Responsible for the personal growth and development of assigned personnel.
- Work with Site Manager to resolve personnel issues and claims.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Associate degree in applicable field of study preferred.
- Computer software training in Microsoft Office suite.
Experience / Job Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience required and fossil industry experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively lead and direct personnel to meet client operational requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures.
- Ability to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical environment with client and management; ability to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports.
- Ability to interface with Site organizations to develop successful problem solving strategies and approaches as required.
- Availability to report to work upon "short notice", i.e. less than twenty-four (24) hour notice, as well as perform personnel call-outs for emergent work, as required.
- Availability to work overtime; to include shift work, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to perform utility and janitorial responsibilities to include the ability to safely operate equipment and devices as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software, to include Word and Excel. Must be able to maintain accurate time keeping records in a spreadsheet and any applicable time keeping tool.
- Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk for prolonged periods of time.
This position is classified as a full-time position which will consist of a minimum 40 hour work week. Work weeks will vary depending upon the client's needs and a typical work week will be 5 eight hour days with periodic 12 hour shifts up to 7 days a week during critical work.
1475 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.