Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99352
Interim Tech Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Project Engineer to support the MSA Design Engineering and Project Support Group. The Project Engineer will perform engineering studies, planning, design work, and construction support for new reliability projects. The Engineer selected for a staff augmentation position will report to the Manager of Design Engineering and Project Support, within the MSA Central Engineering Organization.
Position: Mid-Level Project Engineer / Design Engineer
Duration of Assignment: Award through 9/30/2019 plus 3 one-year extensions
Estimated Hours Per Week: 40
Work Location: Hanford Site, Richland, WA
DESCRIPTION OF WORK SPECIFIC
Support MSA Project Services from the planning phase through closeout. The candidate will be the primary author on a variety of documents. Specific deliverables/tasks are expected to include:
Develop/author and/or oversee engineering studies and alternatives analyses;
Develop/author functional requirements and design criteria documents;
Develop pre-conceptual and conceptual designs/concept sketches;
Develop/author or approve procurement specifications;
Coordinate project activities with MSA Engineering Design Authorities;
Develop/author statements of work for detailed engineering designs, and oversee design subcontractors;
Initiate project schedule development for engineering deliverables;
Perform technical reviews of in-house and/or subcontractor design deliverables;
Provide engineering support during construction including field walk downs, issue resolution, testing development and oversight, and design changes;
Interface with internal and external customers and end-users;
As-builts and project closeout;
Cross-train on MSA Engineering configured systems, become qualified alternate Design Authority;
Perform peer checks and reviews on other engineers documentation and products.
The above list is provided to demonstrate examples of expected deliverables and tasks, and should not be considered all-inclusive.
Required and desired qualifications for the Project Engineer are identified below.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Process Engineering.
2. Minimum 6-years design engineering work experience in complex facilities, maintenance/operations, and/or projects.
3. Water, sewer, pump, piping, and/or facilities design experience.
4. Working knowledge of applicable engineering codes and standards (Local, State, and Federal), regulations, standards for engineering design and construction, and industry best practices.
5. Demonstrated experience authoring engineering/technical documents (e.g. functional design criteria, engineering studies, specifications, statements of work, etc.).
1. Current Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Washington.
2. Prior experience with on-location support to Hanford Site facilities and projects.
3. Experience with regulatory agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or Washington State Department of Health (WDOH) and associated codes (e.g., NEPA, WAC, etc.).
4. Demonstrates practical application of education, training and experience.
5. Read and understand project schedules (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.).
6. Self-starter with a proven record of being able to complete assignments with minimal oversight.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
8. High degree of organization and planning ability.
9. Good written and verbal communication skills.
10. Strong work ethic, no job too small. 11. Customer/client oriented. Subcontractor shall ensure that its personnel meet and maintain the appropriate training, qualifications, and certification requirements as applicable.
Security Clearance Required: No
Nuclear Facility Position: Yes
US Citizenship Required: Yes
If you would like to be submitted for this position, please forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be received prior to 10/31/2018 to meet the submittal date.
125 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.