Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99354
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Software Engineer opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title of Scope: Software Engineer
Software Engineering support and specialization in support of various customized applications. Work will be managed by MSA and must be performed on-site.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
MSA Software Engineer Services (SES) requires a software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and applications.
The software engineer should be able to:
• Troubleshoot software production issues
• Develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
• Develop using .NET technology
• Understand and follow established Software Development Process
• Assist with providing estimates
• Assist with gathering requirements from customers
• Develop technical documentation
• Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
• The software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or IT related field or equivalent experience in computer application development
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development
• 2-3 years’ experience developing projects using .NET technology
• 2-3 years’ experience in SQL design and development
• 2-3 years’ experience in SQL Server administration and security
• 2-3 years’ experience with MS Visual Studio
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware / software in data acquisition systems
• Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and drawings
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Ability to work during non-standard business hours.
• 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
• 2-3 years’ experience with creating and maintaining SSRS reports
• 2-3 years’ experience with MS Windows Server 2012 administration
• Knowledge of G2 programming language from Gensym
• Knowledge of PI system from OSIsoft
• Familiarity with Hanford tank farms, monitoring devices, and tracking systems
• Familiarity with Hanford Site applications, systems and infrastructure.
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements
The primary work location is 2750E in the 200 East Area (subject to change). Work including meetings may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with onehalf hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday. Alternative schedules (example – 8 x 9 schedule) may be coordinated with and approved by the BTR.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
1 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.