Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
• The Mission Support Alliance (MSA) requires staff augmentation services related to the Information Management Software Engineering work scope. Support will be provided to the MSA Information Management (IM) Information Systems (IS) Software Engineering Services (SES) workgroup
• The MSA Information Management, IS Software Engineering Services organization requires Software Engineering support and specialization in support of various customized applications.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
• Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions.
• Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems. MSA Software Engineer Services (SES) requires a software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and applications.
• The software engineer should be able to:
• Troubleshoot software production issues
• Develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
• Develop using .NET technology
• Understand and follow established Software Development Process
• Assist with providing estimates
• Assist with gathering requirements from customers
• Develop technical documentation • Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
• The software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or IT related field or equivalent experience in computer application development
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, butnot limited to application development or database development
• 2-3 years’ experience developing projects using .NET technology
• 2-3 years’ experience in SQL design and development
• 2-3 years’ experience in SQL Server administration and security
• 2-3 years’ experience with MS Visual Studio
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware / software in data acquisition systems
• Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and drawings
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Ability to work during non-standard business hours.
• 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
• 2-3 years’ experience with creating and maintaining SSRS reports
• 2-3 years’ experience with MS Windows Server 2012 administration
• Knowledge of G2 programming language from Gensym
• Knowledge of PI system from OSIsoft
• Familiarity with Hanford tank farms, monitoring devices, and tracking systems
• Familiarity with Hanford Site applications, systems and infrastructure
SECURITY AND BADGING REQUIREMENTS:
A. For any on-site work, see On-Site Services Special Provisions for details.
B. The subcontractor shall wear a Buyer issued security badge identifying themselves. A minimum of two working days advance notice is needed for site badging.
C. Subcontractor employees will be required to submit to vehicle searches and not personally carry or transport certain prohibited articles.
D. If the Subcontractor under this scope of work will be required an access authorization (security clearance), then the following will apply.
• A security clearance is required for all Subcontractors who will have: (1) access to classified matter, (2) access Special Nuclear Material (SNM), and/or (3) require frequent, unescorted access to secured areas.
• A facility clearance must be in place at Hanford for the individuals’ employer (facility), before a security clearance may be granted
• Facility Clearance (FCL). Approval will be required for a facility to be eligible to (1) access, handle, or possess classified information
• SNM, or other hazardous material presenting a potential sabotage threat
• Responsibilities for safeguarding $5M plus of government property.
• If any of these criteria apply to the SOW, the Contract Specialist needs to be notified immediately, in order to process clearance paperwork.
• The work cannot bein until an FCL is in place. A new FCL is required for each subcontract meeting the criteria.
• A subcontractor that will not possess classified information or matter, or SNM at the subcontractor’s place of business and will only access such security activities at other cleared facilities must be cleared as a “nonpossessing facility.”
WORK LOCATION / POTENTIAL ACCESS REQUIREMENTS:
• The primary work location is 2750E in the 200 East Area (subject to change). Work including meetings may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations
SITE ACCESS AND WORK HOURS:
• Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule.
• The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
• Alternative schedules (example – 8 x 9 schedule) may be coordinated with and approved by the BTR.
• There might be occasions for work to be performed outside normal operating hours. This work shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.