Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Idaho National Lab
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 83415
Under minimal supervision, coordinates and maintains Central Characterization Projects (CCP) records as active project files generated at generator site. Provides daily interaction with internal and external customers while performing the daily tasks of receiving, processing, maintaining and retrieving the record files in support of the project according to established procedures.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives minimal supervision from Manager or head of a unit/department.
Out of town travel for this position may be required on an as needed basis pertaining to company business or required training.
HOURS / LOCATION
• Working hours for this position is 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday (4/10 hour shifts).
• Work location is the Radioactive Waste Management Complex (RWMC)/Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project (AMWTP)/Idaho National Laboratory (INL) at Highway 20 and Van Buren, Scoville ID.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Three years administrative experience in an office setting is preferred.
• Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
• Techniques for dealing effectively with the internal and external customers, in person and over the telephone.
• Techniques for providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers, in person and over the telephone.
Furthering education and refresher training will be required for this position on an as needed basis. Out of town travel may be required.
• Perform work with accuracy, speed, with minimal supervision
• Resolve routine questions and problems while referring more complex questions to higher levels.
• Lift, carry, push pull or otherwise move objects up to 40 lbs.
Satisfactory completion of background check. Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a position that is responsible for the processing of incoming CCP records.
Responsibilities include: receiving; transmitting; quality control checks; sorting; indexing, scanning, and file preparation for maintaining records within the CCP active records system – electronic and hardcopy when applicable. The position requires working under minimal supervision. Must be fully aware and adhere to the procedures and policies required to perform the job functions. Must complete all goals established.
• Help provide oversight of the CCP active records system (when applicable).
• Receives in records – via transmittals or direct transfer from project personnel.
• Sorts, classifies and codes material for processing into the active records system.
• Performs scanning and faxing of records, as required.
• Performs data entry into records index and project tracking system
• Performs digitization of audio video media (when applicable)
• Transmits records, as required.
• Performs quality control checks.
• Performs preparation of files to be maintained in the active records system (when applicable).
• Files various records media into active records system (when applicable)
• Performs file maintenance, as needed
• Performs retrievals from active records system, as required.
• Participate and give record support during audits, surveillances, assessments, and inspections, as needed
• Indexes records for shipment to appropriate CCP generator sites or the WIPP Records Archive (when applicable).
• Interfaces with internal and external customers.
• Ensures safe work conditions are maintained by following all safety rules, by participating in periodic facility safety inspections, and immediately reporting any unsafe conditions whenever they are found.
• All other duties as assigned by CCP Records Manager.
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.