Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
Edgewater is seeking qualified Nuclear Fabrication/Systems Engineer for a DOE project in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Prepares engineering designs for new installations and for replacement and upgrade of structures, systems, and components (SSCs).
• Performs calculations and analyses to support design basis and requirements
• Applies relevant codes and standards, such as ASTM, ASME, AWS, GD&T, QS9000, ISO14001, etc.
• Supports development of reactor core components replacement plan.
• Prepares design specifications to define and determine acceptance criteria for component upgrades.
• Prepares material specifications and provides technical support in procurement of materials.
• Project leads fabrication, machining, and assembly of reactor core components, experiments, special tooling, etc. in accordance with specifications.
• Implements modifications in accordance with RRD configuration control processes.
• Prepares and maintains as-built documentation for assigned SSCs, including engineering drawings, specifications, system descriptions, relevant databases and labeling.
• Provides project management for installation of mechanical design changes.
• Troubleshoots and analyzes system and component failures and develops corrective actions.
• Provides written work package instructions to perform and document work.
• Provides field technical supports to maintenance engineers, craft supervisors and crafts.
• Develops and implements preventive and predictive maintenance work instructions.
• Performs operability assessments to determine equipment impact on assigned operation.
• Assists in the investigation of reportable occurrences or operating events and in the preparation of associated reports and root cause determinations
• Analyzes and trends results of preventive and predictive maintenance data.
• Analyzes equipment performance history.
• Performs overall systems health evaluation in accordance with RRD's Systems Engineering and Reliability Programs, which involves the following:
- System Health Indicators
- Identification of new and status of existing equipment/component vulnerabilities
- Identification of Spare Parts deficiencies and single point vulnerabilities
- Walk-Downs to Assess System Configuration and Material Condition
- Evaluation of surveillance test results
Physical requirements for this job may include frequent walking and walking for long distances. Other work environment requirements may include climbing of stairs, ducking, kneeling or crawling around equipment and facilities.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering with nuclear / mechanical emphasis
• 8 or more years of experience in mechanical / manufacturing engineering
• Excellent understanding of machining and fabrication practice including welding and joining techniques combined with a sound understanding of machine design.
• A strong understanding of reading and interpreting mechanical design drawings is required as well as understanding of GD&T principles from ANSI Y14.5.
Ability to diagnose mechanical equipment problems and develop formal work package instructions for performance and documentation of repairs.
Experience in project management, leading maintenance tasks, procedure development, procurement of materials and equipment analysis.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and work well as a team member.
DOE Security Clearance: This position requires the candidate to have or be able to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• Experience in operation and troubleshooting of CNC lathes, precision OD grinding, forging, welding, rolling mills, and heat
• Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of powder metallurgy principles.
• An understanding of basic principles of material behavior in nuclear reactors is desirable
• Familiarity with mechanical design and maintenance activities in a nuclear reactor operating environment.
• Familiarity with the regulatory programs which define the work environment, including DOE Orders pertaining to conduct of operation and maintenance, and understanding of OSHA requirements is a plus.
Additional Requirements of this job:
• This position is a Workplace Substance Abuse Program (WSAP) testing designated position which requires passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in which employees are subject to being randomly selected for testing and undergoing testing without advance notification. The occupant of this position will also be subject to an ongoing requirement to report any drug related arrest or conviction or receipt of a positive drug test result to the Company.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
87 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.