Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Located in the Tri-Cities, WA, RC Engineering and Construction Management (RCECM) is a dynamic company that provides robust engineering and construction management support services to federal, public works, and environmental industries and clients nationwide. We provide an excellent benefit package and competitive salaries.
Job Description: Fire Systems Engineering Support
Position is located in Richland, WA. Travel and per diem have not been authorized for this position.
Support Fire Systems Engineering functions including:
• Interface with building and contractor FPEs and perform Fire Code administration.
• Take a lead role in the development of configuration baseline documentation for MSA fire systems. Tasks will include:
o Code of Record identification
o System walk downs and drawing as-builts
o Identification & resolution of deficiencies
o Gather/organize system data such as VI records
• Support development and maintenance of fire systems design media including:
o System notebooks
o System Design Descriptions
o Essential drawings
• Perform system assessments
• Support projects and other engineering personnel involved in system operations
• Obtain qualification and serve as a fire system Design Authority
Support Fire Systems Maintenance activities including:
• Daily planning and implementation of maintenance work documents
• Work with craft personnel to trouble shoot issues with MSA fire systems
• Develop both corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance work documentation
• Order materials and spare parts as necessary to maintain fire systems
• Provide technical direction to craft personnel during the performance of field work on fire systems.
• Develop redlines, as-built drawings, and closeout activities upon completion of field work
The above list is provided to demonstrate examples of expected deliverables and should not be considered to be all-inclusive.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering OR Professional Engineer's Engineering OR National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level III for fire protection water-based system (Layout or Maintenance & Testing).
• Minimum of 5 years' engineering experience in the design, installation, testing, and maintenance of electrical and/or fire detection, alarm, and suppression systems.
• Working knowledge of fire protection codes and standards applicable to the design, installation and operation of fire protection systems.
• High degree of organization and planning ability
• Demonstrated strong work ethic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work as an individual contributor or as part of a multi-function team.
• Previous experience with Hanford Site maintenance and engineering procedures and processes
• Previous experience with on-location support to Hanford site facilities and projects
• Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
• Working knowledge of DOE programs and activities and associated fire protection requirements
• Experience identifying problems in the field and working with engineering and craft personnel to implement field modifications and resolve installation issues.
This job is on a US federal facility site. Candidate must be able to meet requirements for working on a federal facility site without escort and without sponsorship.
RCECM is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
RC Engineering and Construction Management is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.
52 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.