Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Bowmanville, Ontario
Attention: MOX Employees
System One is looking for nuclear experienced, degreed field engineers for a long-term project in Ontario, Canada. Looking for mechanical, electrical and I&C field engineers.
This position requires a bachelors degree.
The Field Engineer will report to the Field Engineering Manager and U3 Segment 1 - Area Manager. This individual will support the process in providing field-engineering deliverables for execution of construction work including inspection (oversight), verification, and quality program compliance of the project installation activities to meet performance, regulatory, and quality requirements within budget and schedule requirements.
• Comprehensive Work Package development in cooperation with construction and engineering.
• Create Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)
• Ensure compliance with all requirements for fabrication, installation, construction of modifications including those in CSA N286.3 and CAN/CSA-N285.06
• Maintain installation status through a process of signing off sequenced steps on ITP's while coordinating verifications related to current code and technical requirements as well as regulatory witness and hold points.
• Manage the process to ensure that all planned inspections, examinations, calibrations, and surveillance activities are scheduled and executed as required.
• Identify, report, and secure approval for deviations from the design documents as they occur and before release to construction.
• Ensure the fulfillment of code required regulatory obligations, NDE examinations and process verification.
• Provide assurance that construction activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and applicable procedures.
• Provide and ensure effectiveness of the liaison function between field trades and design engineers for problem resolution and information flow.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with other internal groups, subcontractors and suppliers supporting the project.
• Develop and write detailed work plans in cooperation with construction leads.
• Maintain high standards related to final product quality and to consistently require conformance from both staff and subcontractors.
• Work within the established budget for all assigned resources ensuring that sufficient staff is available to support the assigned work. Identify and assist in disposition of variances from budgets.
• Participating in assessing and delivering training needs.
• Accountable for technical support, leadership, production targets and success of assigned RFR Scope.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS REQUIRED
• Engineering Degree from an accredited university.
• 8+ years of experience with nuclear engineering, modification, maintenance and construction projects
• This position requires sound knowledge of engineering principles and process associated with nuclear generation facilities.
• Construction Work Package assembly experience.
• Knowledge of OPG work and configuration management systems considered an asset (Passport/Asset Suite).
• Retube, Feeder Replacement, or Single Fuel Channel Replacement considered an Asset
• A working knowledge of industry best practices in the subject area.
• Knowledge and ability in project management.
• Proficient written (report writing) communication skills
• Knowledge of SharePoint applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
• Security clearance considered an asset.
System One is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
179 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
Roadtechs.com notice to workers thinking about a career in nuclear power:
All nuclear power plant employees are subject to background, financial and criminal history checks before they are granted access to any nuclear power facility and these checks are repeated at regular intervals. Additionally, new hire drug and alcohol screening is mandatory and all sites perform random drug and alcohol screening.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.